From Star Wars, The Force Awakens. Kylo Rens Command Shuttle.  Revell envisaged the kit as built with the wings folded up and sat on it's feet. I decided otherwise and wanted the wings folded out as seen in the film. However since Revell did not give this option I had to trawl the net trying to find any photos etc that would give me a clue about the design of the folding mechanism. Much uses of plastic sheet, Brass rod, plastic rod and plastic strip, together with a bit of filler and the result is what you see before you. I also substituted the original flimsy plastic guns for some brass items. These were in fact 1/32 scale german MG131 Cannons, but they fitted the job perfectly. She was given two coats of matt black and then dry brushed with aluminium, polished steel, gunmetal and graphite from an HB pencil! The canopy was also given some framing , (again after looking online) and the finished result is a very big and imposing model. I'm pleased with the way it's come out. What do you guys think? It was a bugger to photograph as the black paint just absorbs light! Thanks for viewing, comments welcome.

20170330_170800_zpsnhyisqcp.jpg
DSCF0003_zpskzbahsw5.jpg
DSCF0004_zpseap4ywdr.jpg
DSCF0005_zpsw5uc9tyq.jpg
DSCF0006_zpsxfv8dt38.jpg
DSCF0007_zpsktrina0x.jpg
DSCF0008_zpsdw87jtxw.jpg
DSCF0009_zpspzliegbt.jpg
DSCF0010_zpsi6c0r1cm.jpg
DSCF0011_zpspo5o3yvq.jpg
DSCF0014_zps46ki9ijz.jpg
DSCF0015_zpsvstmgkgf.jpg
DSCF0017_zps1fcqrg6m.jpg
DSCF0018_zpsbpdwisa1.jpg
DSCF0022_zpssd9mfbcw.jpg
DSCF0023_zpsq9uhylcq.jpg

Good call, and creative solution, to fix the poor Revel Choice. The angled out wings look far more Malevolent than the folded passive stance.

Nice roughing up/weathering of what would be a fairly "easy" paint job otherwise. :)

Oh, did you make the wings movable...to save a bit of desk space when just "stored"?

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Gunner said:

Looks great. It seems that is a pretty large model, where do you keep them , Alan? I bet you have +100 models.

I don't know but I can think where his wife would like to store them if she's like my wife.:P 

Sorry Alan, sometimes I can't help myself. My wife says it's the reason we don't have any friends.^_^.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Gunner said:

Looks great. It seems that is a pretty large model, where do you keep them , Alan? I bet you have +100 models.

I have almost 3000! Mostly stored in boxes in different parts of the flat! 

1 hour ago, Captain Coffee said:

Good call, and creative solution, to fix the poor Revel Choice. The angled out wings look far more Malevolent than the folded passive stance.

Nice roughing up/weathering of what would be a fairly "easy" paint job otherwise. :)

Oh, did you make the wings movable...to save a bit of desk space when just "stored"?

No sadly the way the thing was designed it wasnt possible.  Why Revell didn't make them movable from the start with I don't know. It was done on cost I guess. 

On 3/30/2017 at 23:03, dodgy-alan said:

I have almost 3000! Mostly stored in boxes in different parts of the flat! 

Wohohoww...isn't that close to some sort of record??! You should think on some kind of exhibition.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Gunner said:

Wohohoww...isn't that close to some sort of record??! You should think on some kind of exhibition.

The model club I belong to does exhibit at quite a few exhibitions during the year, but I certainly don't exhibit that lot at once.  Most of them are in deep storage. and only a dozen or so (by each member)are usually shown at any one time.

• Like 2