Oh dear I've taken the Plunge! (v4)

Well ladies and gentlemans, now that they have apparently fixed perhaps my biggest bug bear of P3D, namely the not loading saved flights from the loading screen, I've taken the plunge into P3D v4 and am currently downloading the 12Gb install.... Wish me luck!

Anyone else using Addit! Pro For Prepar3D? Takes a little getting used to and it can sometimes be easier just to manually install stuff but so far (with my very small time with this sort of thing) it's quite good.

Any other recommendations for Scenery, Aircraft, Livery, Config management (this seems to do it all).

2 hours ago, brett said:

I have always done things manually, helps you get more familiar with the products and the sim itself.

Yup certainly agree and did so many times with other systems and their mods. That said, having a management tool when you have a potentially large amount of "mods" (I know we don't use that term here but I think we can agree on the sentiment) can be a godsend. 

Particularly when certain mods put stuff all over the place it can be hard to track it all down. 

For instance trying to manage a "beautified" Skyrim install with the 100 or so mods I have would be a nightmare without mod management. 

The flipside is that unlike other systems (non-flight sim) there are no unified standards for these mods so you end up having to know the inside and outs of the particular system anyway so that the tool can "install" them correctly. 

Horses for courses of course of course and no one can talk to a horse of course (oops too much caffeine) 

I find no tweaking is required really with P3D v4. The only config tweak I did but may not be necessary for you is I added affinity mask setting. This was due to me streaming and I wanted to dedicate some cores for my external apps.

Everything else is set in the P3D settings screens. 

I've posted my settings in another thread too.

• Like 1

Yup so far so good. Getting 80+ GPS with triple 1080p screens using Manfred Jahn's C-47 with a quick flight around New Plymouth NZ. Spent some time tweaking the view groups to get the angles perfect last night. 

• Like 1