Purple Ronnie...he is back!

Hello everyone...

The VA I run has been around a long time...since early 2000!

Lots of things have changed in that time with the aircraft fleet passing through the paint shop several times.  With such a heritage to draw upon we decided recently to paint one of the current B737's into a livery that we used many years ago.  A "retro" livery if you like.

When this aircraft first emerged from the hangar around late 2000 it was affectionately named "Purple Ronnie" by the crew.

36001048096_5db404c413_b.jpg

The original "Purple Ronnie".  (FS98 maybe...)

35871724772_f957c79d02_b.jpg

...and the 2017 version of "Purple Ronnie"

(TDS version / PMDG also available).

Ronnie has been well received by the crew and even had his own special schedule created for him as he jaunts around Europe from his Manchester home.

Edited by lionwing
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone.

Many VA's come and go.  We have some great guys n girls flying with us and work hard to keep it interesting.

To flip this around - the forum here is one of the best around.

Wayne - just noted your location is the same as one of the VA's bases!  Fantastic airport and well represented in FS with great scenery.

• Like 3

As has been said already, it's such a pleasure to see a VA with a real history and still thriving. The VA site made interesting reading as well. I really like the organisation.

• Like 1
On 7/22/2017 at 08:13, Bumblebee said:

As has been said already, it's such a pleasure to see a VA with a real history and still thriving. The VA site made interesting reading as well. I really like the organisation.

Thank you.

I will pass your kind comments onto the team.

• Like 1