Hi guys,

Unfortunately over the past month or so, something has happened to my computer (maybe a background update) that has stopped my version of P3D working. It'll load as far as the opening screen but won't proceed further than that without a crash. I'm reluctant to do an uninstall/reinstall as I've got a few addons from various sites and can't remember which ones I've bought from! Annoyingly, I'd just purchased iFly 747 and was hoping to test it out so any tips or tricks to get it working again would be great. I appreciate this post is pretty vague but unfortunately my computer doesn't offer me a diagnostics report after the crash. I literally just get Prepar3d.exe has stopped working *close program* 

Many thanks in advance! 

Edited by ChrisE91

Hi Chris, I have seen this being reported a lot recently, it seems to be connected with a .dll loading. So you have to look at your dll.xml file in your C:\Users\*YOUR NAME*\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder and change the following entry "<Disabled>False</Disabled>" to true, effectively turning them off to see which one is stopping your sim from running. Start with the last entry in the list first and work backwards. Take a sideways copy of the file first in case you need to restore it.

Cheers,

Joe

• Like 1

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for your response - unfortunately this hasn't worked for me :( I've now gone about uninstalling my last two addons, effectively restoring P3D to a place where I knew it worked. These being the iFly 747 and Level D 767. Will advise, but I'm beginning to think a computer restore might be the next course of action! Why does flight sim always present so many issues!! 

Chris, are you on Windows 10? there was an issue with V3 after on of their (Windows) updates see here http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126854

Some people resolved the problem by uninstalling Windows update KB4038788.

I agree with you about all the issue but this one may not be down to P3D?

Yeah on this forum topic now, just uninstalled KB4038788 without luck, guess I'll have to wait until November 14th for the next windows update with the bug fix. I agree it's not P3Ds fault, but the amount of crashes I've had over the years with various flight sim versions do make me question why I don't just stick to real world flying!