I couldn't decide so I bought both north and south NZ, going to open an AH company there and explore, just a few shots near NZNS.....still tinkering with level detail in si at the moment, on this flight all seems ok at around 40-60fps......v4 seems to be very well optimised........

y4mtDVv4fHg-6Fa-iXMayiZhxiWnmgVMBGBlq6pR

y4mTha0fDChmf-i9ZVrIuA4Zvoo5ntEgxh4iS_Lk

next 2 are nearing NZWN......

y4mZ7OleyDQbWEXuFilpB8VaHIBCMPPXyR_v6JLs

y4me-E60zcL8Bzpk9U7lLjZG_dw8ilGRxUvY1l2k

Still looking for anyones opinion on ORBX for Australia please.......

• Like 1

Looking good Wayne. NZ is a great place to fly, the Mutley Crew are currently flying down there.

Australia is nowhere near as pretty as NZ, and there is a lot of desert and wilderness aka the Outback!

Hi Wayne, Thanks for sharing the ORBX New Zealand scenery with us. Looking at your pictures their attempt at New Zealand is very poor and looks more like default scenery. Just as a comparison this is my amateur home made photo scenery with auto-gen near NZNS.

NZNS.jpg

Edited by IZ0JUB

I have spent a lot of time in ORBX/FTX Australia and enjoyed learning about the area. I also added the OZx freeware airports and mesh which was a big plus. It is a big place so I mostly flew around the coast while making incursions into the interior along the way so yes I would say it was a worthy purchase.:thum:

Mike's photoscenery is nice but I'm glad I went the ORBX route for ease of use, improved airports and for seasonal textures.

Have fun with your new purchase Wayne and enjoy exploring beautiful New Zealand.:)

18 hours ago, mutley said:

Looking good Mike :thum:

Where does the autogen come from?

/Joe

Hi Joe,

I make the auto-gen with Open Street Map Data. Hope this helps. Cheers Mike.

Edited by IZ0JUB