Avro 504N over Old Warden.  Tha 504N was fitted with an Armstrong Siddeley Lynx radial engine as opposed to the earlier Rotary types used on previous versions.  It was also distinguished by a revised undercarriage set up that was not only stronger but did away with the nose over strake seen on early versions.

T6oNfTh.jpg

aN3SqkA.jpg

xjAcKc3.jpg

bCcAA8O.jpg

The difference between the 504K and  504N is very apparent.

wrcKYa4.jpg

jxV8j89.jpg

04bTM8i.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 1

I am very familiar with the 504K as it was much used in WW1.  I have to admit I haven't come across the 504N before. it's a great looking aircraft!

There is a gap in my timeline of RAF aircraft that runs from 1918 to 1936, this aircraft would plug that gap, going into service in the mid 1920's.  Where did you get it from Alan?

On 13/02/2018 at 08:50, J G said:

I am very familiar with the 504K as it was much used in WW1.  I have to admit I haven't come across the 504N before. it's a great looking aircraft!

There is a gap in my timeline of RAF aircraft that runs from 1918 to 1936, this aircraft would plug that gap, going into service in the mid 1920's.  Where did you get it from Alan?

It's a freeware model by Jens Kristiansen and delightful it is too. Handling is superb and she is very docile ;  a504_v10.zip 

Edited by dodgy-alan