3rd incident in 2 days!

Damn. So many young lives lost in the latest incidents. I agree with Brett. I am amazed so many people died. The helicopter one looks like it's floats failed after a pretty nice autorotation...cleary can see the front right side pitch down, and the image of the copter after removal from the water shows limp saggy bags on that corner, but even so I am amazed that none of the passengers got their seat belts off, they all had to be cut out, and one was even a fire rescue professional. I bet NYC copter services all inspect their floats in short order, and work on updating their passenger safety instructions, or have a cabin attendant in the pax section to help free people in the event something like this happens again. A damn shame this one. I hope the pilot is quickly exonerated.

• Sad 1

Yes it's a terrible outcome. I have done a HUET course, and even that is pretty daunting, once you are upside down and strapped in with 5 or 6 other people trying to swim out, and thats even knowing what to expect. If you are in shock, and disorientated, the outcome is usually that which has occurred.

• Sad 1