Sitek yoke no responce

Hey

i have win 8.1 sitek yoke throddle and pedels. I have two  moniters.

when im in fsx i go to my second pc to check things for va etc  but when i come back to fsx my throddle dosent work and my yoke and rudder 

any help 

thx

Hi Anthony and welcome to the forums here.:hat:

It could be when you do something on the other screen that in effect you have turned off the screen in FSX, so when you go back to the FSX screen try left clicking the cursor somewhere on the screen to wake it back up. If that doesn't help let us know and we will try something else.

I have a multi-screen setup with screens running from HDMI, VGA and USB interfaces.  I had some issues with Saitek controllers not working.  I traced this to a powered hub they were connected to.  Playing around I found that:

1. Saitek hardware doesn’t like USB 3.  You must plug them into a USB 2 socket.  I had to buy a USB 2 Card to get around this issue as I have four Saitek controllers attached to my PC. 
  2. Saitek hardware is power hungry it needs a big chunk of the power chucked out by USB sockets. A USB hub can’t cope with this if it is not powered.
  3. I still found issues when connecting to a powered hub.  Saitek controllers would switch out at random intervals.  So there are other issues with hubs as well.

My eventual solution was to plug all of my controllers directly into the PC, Another reason for buying a USB 2 card.  Lastly and still important. I had a USB 3 card that could be switched into USB 2 mode. This didn’t work. It had to be a proper USB 2 card.

Hope this helps.

Edited by J G
  • Thanks 1

have you set your system up so windows can't shut down power to USB ports? by default it will power down any USB's not being used for a short period to save power. I had a big issue with this and a Saitek trimwheel....

• Thanks 1