Missing aircraft P3D v4.2

I think I must have changed a setting by accident or something similar but I cant seem to find out where.  I now have invisible aircraft, both addons and those that came with P3D.  At least from the outside.  The interior views are fine, but all external views show nothing whatsoever. Not even a black aircraft shape. Its like the aircraft have a cloaking system!  This situation survives a P3D restart and even a PC reboot.

Can anyone suggest what it might be?

Thanks in advance,

JG

Update.  I deleted my Prepar3D.cfg file and this fixed the issue.

I have managed to find the source of the issue. Its a rotary encoder I have set up to control the rudder trim.  so it seems to be an issue with the encoder itself or with the software that controls it.

I will post more here as I further my investigations.

I don't know JG, have you installed something that is not V4 compatible recently?

Have a look here for something similar https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128865

May mean a reinstall is in order, if so, make sure you remove all the P3D stuff in program data / user appdata and P3D files folder in my documents. (There are better instructions on the web)

Joe

For some reason the rotary encoder changes the Prepar3D.cfg SEE_SELF value to zero.  Setting this value back to 1 solves the problem except for one view.

Could some kind person please check their value of SEE_SELF and post it here?

The issue seem like it might be something to do with the software I am using to interpret the Rotary Encoder output and the way it interfaces with FSUIPC.

Thanks. 

Thanks Boss.

Setting SEE_SELF to "1" seems to cure most aircraft.  However the JF Hawk, JF Tristar and the JF Tornado remain invisible!

It must be a JF thing I need to fix.

J.

You should lodge a ticket with JF if a re-installation doesn't fix as it sounds like you have affected your product licence, this can stop your aircraft from showing.

Joe

That makes sense as some of the default aircraft are JF and they are not Impacted.

I will reinstall the aircraft and see where that gets me.