Flight 1 Mustang or Wilco's EJets ?

Hi,

Yes, just googled it and it brought me back here.....doh !

Be good if anyone's tried both and has some opinions, altohugh I guess I can always get a refund if I don't like it - which isn't likely really as Flight1 stuff tends to be pretty sound.

Cheers...onto it now.

Hi,

The Mustang has the G1000 - interesting. Problem is that they tend to be a framerate hog. Still trying to find out how performance is - unfortunately, you have to buy the thing before they let you into the support forums, so "pre-purchase' research is out of the question !

The other problem is that I've never 'flown' jets before, so it's hard for me to appreciate how accurate the systems are - instead I need to rely on other people's views. I'm mainly concerned as to whether the Mustang would be a better bet as a first foray into jets, rather than the Wilco - which as I'm aware from forum posts generally - tend to be a little buggy.

Cheers

Hi Gabe,

All I can say is our reviewer "Uncle" Martin is very experienced in flying jets and their associated avionics and I hold his opinions in very high regard.

I don't think FPS was a big issue but we all know these complex pits can hit resources. Martin's only real gripe was that there was no 2D cockpit which he is used to flying in but accepts the VC works in this situation.

Sorry, I am not trying to sell the product but matched against the Wilco product I think there is no competition for realism.

Hopefully Martin will be able to come back on this?

cheers

Okay...that's all I needed really - whichever I choose to stick with will be my "first jet"..moving up from twin props, so I need something that's not too complex. I thought that the G1000-based Mustang might be the simplest....and there's loads of stuff out there about the G1000.

Thnx....I think I'll save my pennies - a lot in the UK due to the exchange rate - and go for the Mustang. The EJet can stay in my Hangar for a while !

Thnx

The Mustang has the G1000 - interesting. Problem is that they tend to be a framerate hog. Still trying to find out how performance is - unfortunately, you have to buy the thing before they let you into the support forums, so "pre-purchase' research is out of the question !

Flight1 do offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

You don't have to buy to get info at all, there is also a forum for those that haven't purchased, you can ask any question you like.

The performance on my system is as follows...

E6700 [overclocked to 3.3]

2gb DDR2

7900gtx.

FSX is set with sliders mid way, some higher. Traffic is slow and autogen sparse.

I get 50+ frames per second in the cruise, anywhere from low 20's to high 30's on the ground.

Martin's only real gripe was that there was no 2D cockpit which he is used to flying in but accepts the VC works in this situation.

No, Mut is getting my review mixed up with another, there are multiple 2D panels and they are very good indeed, and a good VC.

It's a very good add-on; I would be very surprised if you didn

Flight1 do offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

You don't have to buy to get info at all, there is also a forum for those that haven't purchased, you can ask any question you like.

The performance on my system is as follows...

E6700 [overclocked to 3.3]

2gb DDR2

7900gtx.

FSX is set with sliders mid way, some higher. Traffic is slow and autogen sparse.

I get 50+ frames per second in the cruise, anywhere from low 20's to high 30's on the ground.

Martin's only real gripe was that there was no 2D cockpit which he is used to flying in but accepts the VC works in this situation.

No, Mut is getting my review mixed up with another, there are multiple 2D panels and they are very good indeed, and a good VC.

It's a very good add-on; I would be very surprised if you didn

The manual is quite good actually Gabe. If you need a tutorial I'll type you one up.

The operation of the Mustang is easy enough, it's designed to be easy to fly.

The G1000 is very good even has WAAS [GPS] approaches for airports that don't have an ILS.

if you were disappointed I would be astonished.

just let me know if you need a tutorial.

:unclemartin:

The manual is quite good actually Gabe. If you need a tutorial I'll type you one up.

The operation of the Mustang is easy enough, it's designed to be easy to fly.

The G1000 is very good even has WAAS [GPS] approaches for airports that don't have an ILS.

if you were disappointed I would be astonished.

just let me know if you need a tutorial.

:good:

Well thnx for the kind offer - but I couldn't possibly ask you to do that...but thnx anyways.

I will be purchasing at some point, so maybe if I have any queries I'll drop you a pm...?

Cheers for now.