The most realistic so far.

I have been trying out all the a/c in the GA family and for me the most realistic so far is the Cesna C172 with steam gauges.

It flies a lot better than the G1000 version. :hat::pilotic:

V7HkLQI.jpg

The next one is the X-Cub.

Anyone else with a favorite?

Edited by jaydor
15 hours ago, jaydor said:

I have been trying out all the a/c in the GA family and for me the most realistic so far is the Cesna C172 with steam gauges.

It flies a lot better than the G1000 version. :hat::pilotic:

The next one is the X-Cub.

Anyone else with a favorite?

With just under 58 hrs in my logbook currently, I have now completed the three Bush Trips as well as numerous flights in all of the small GA aircraft.

The Diamond Aircraft range are my preferred "go to" general touring aircraft and I found all of them to fly reasonably well. The DA62 provides the extra twin engine performance and comfort for longer flights, the two DA40 variants provide the option for analogue or glass cockpits in the mid-range with the glass cockpit DA40NG providing the extra benefit of an AP with the avionics fitout, and the DV20 is just great for low and slow VFR flying. All the cockpits are neat and tidy with nice avionics fitouts and the single piece canopy of the DA40s and DV20 afford excellent visibility. The free castoring nosewheel on the DA40TDi and DV20 can be a trap for the unwary but not dissimilar to adjusting to steering a tail dragger. 

I like the power performance in the Cub Crafters XCub but found it to be a bit flighty, particularly on the landing roll out, but other than that it flies nicely even in bumpy weather conditions.

Cheers
Andrew

• Like 1

I do like the Katana, partly because I learned to fly rw in one (the MSFS version has the wrong engine though! ours had a 125hp IO240 - fuel injected, no carbs, while MSFS has the old 90hp Rotax)

Otherwise I've mostly flown the 152 or Bonanza

But I have very little flying time really, most of my activities have been "under the hood", so to speak.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Tim_A said:

I do like the Katana, partly because I learned to fly rw in one (the MSFS version has the wrong engine though! ours had a 125hp IO240 - fuel injected, no carbs, while MSFS has the old 90hp Rotax)

Interestingly, MSFS models the very first variant of the Kantana, the  DV20-A1, as opposed to the later DA20-C1 variants. It wasn't until the development of the DA20-C1 variant that the original 80 hp Rotax 912 engine was replaced with the more powerful 125 hp Continental IO-240-B engine.

Either way, a beautiful little aircraft which is a joy to fly.

• Like 1