I got my invite today for preview of W11, it was a very shallow presentation. Hopefully, it's just going to just be a sheep in wolf's clothing? i.e. just prettier with a few improvements. I prefer the centred task bar, an unashamed copy of IOS? 

I will definitely fun it on my laptop as it has passed the compatibility test, not so sure of the FS PC yet. 

Try looking here (The link may not work) https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-11?ocid=eml_sv_cons_wip_awr_announce

:hat:

I'm almost sure I remember MS spokes[insert your preferred gender/pronoun/species reference here] saying that Win10 would not be replaced, just upgraded ad infinitum.   Maybe the name change is just an upgrade.

John

The impression I got is that the changes are mainly cosmetic - there appears to be very little different under the hood. On the plus side that means it's more likely to run on more kit. On the negative side, same old same old in new clothes.

But hey, it's got rounded corners, just like MacOs, and iPadOs, and...

• 2 years later...

The centered taskbar does give off an iOS vibe, doesn't it?
But It's great that your laptop is compatible, and it'll be interesting to see how it performs. As for the desktop, well, it's always a bit of a gamble with these updates, isn't it?
Windows 11 seems like a mix of fresh aesthetics and tweaks, but the real test is in everyday use. We're all hoping for a smoother and more efficient experience. Change can be daunting, especially with something as familiar as our operating system.
If you ever decide to explore more about Windows 11 or need legitimate keys, I found this platform at https://digitalchillmart.com/product/windows-11-pro-32-64-bit/. They seem to offer a good selection. It might be worth checking out.

Edited by Goliaff

I never upgraded, they call it an improvement, yet you lose a few good features and get a bunch of garbage that only a millennial could love.