Section 4 overview legs 31 - 40

Here is the overview of section 4 (also known as TRB's finest hour!)

This section was probably one of our most far reaching. Starting from the paradise that is Bali and traversing that immense span of water, the Pacific.

We called on military bases more than ever in this section and it was also the section where more than any other we had the most pilots drop out or experience problem with their aircraft (PC) etc

So, off we go:

Leg31 - Bali WADD - Darwin YPDN Flown by Mrbobo.

An impressive flight in the Qanta 767, half Aussie himself, Mrbobo made more than a casual comment about the Oz's passion for the "Amber Nectar"!

leg31.jpg

Leg32 - Darwin YPDN - Launceston YMLT Fown by simi_av8r.

You just know that when simi takes the baton you are in for a top-notch post! In true ATWC fashion the leg was split into 3 sections.

Thanks to the Royal Flying Doctor service and the Wirraway!

Darwin -> Alice Springs, via Tennant Creek

leg32a.jpg

leg32b.jpg

Alice Springs -> Port Augusta, via Coober Pedy

More Qantas, the Empire Airways version that is!

leg32c.jpg

Port Augusta -> Launceston, via Melbourne

Eeek! the Avro Lancastrian! Classic Qantas once again

leg32d.jpg

And simi's reward thanks to Smeagol!

32roo.gif

Leg33 - Launceston YMLT - Dunedin NZDN - Mutley had a go at this one. the company METjet Mustang was called into service. Some dodgy paint work there!

leg33b.jpg

And some cheap toilet humour

leg33.jpg

Leg34 - Dunedin NZDN - Bellows AFB XBEL, TRB is up for this one. A Boeing 737-800 this time around.

But Oh! a problem "Maday Maday Maday Atwc 2 running on backups generator failed trying to start apu for electrics "

leg34a.jpg

A Hawaiian DC-10 was called into service to complete the leg

leg34b.jpg

BUT! it could not get into Bellows so a quick transfer into a a Piper Cherokee 180F got the baton to it's intented destination

leg34c.jpg

Leg35 - Bellows AFB XBEL - Dutch Harbor AK23 Rob16584 with another 5 parter!

Rob took the R44 helo from XBEL over to PHNL hoping to catch a lift on something bigger.

leg35a.jpg

WOW! nice blag Rob! :biggrin: our first Concorde

leg35b.jpg

Finally Rob is to take us to Dutch Harbour but it does have a short runway so the Twotter was the only choice!

leg35c.jpg

Leg36 - Dutch Harbour AK23 - Alameda(SFO) NGZ

Needles had to scrap this one so who is going to step in? Yes, the intrepid TRB!

How he ever got out of there I will never know!

leg36a.jpg

But there's more, having managed to get out of Dutch Harbor we now need to get to Vancouver

leg36b.jpg

Now on to San Francisco, superb shots of the Airbus A330-200 in North Western colours

leg36c.jpg

Oh! part 4 the Finale a short hop to Alameda. It would have probably been quicker by taxi but that would not be a challenge! So off in the Dash 8!

leg36d.jpg

Leg37 Alameda(SFO) NGZ - San Diego KSAN

It's Kierans go!

Only 96 shots a bit on the light side me thinks!

It's high speed ahead in the lightning to KLAX

leg37a.jpg

Oh and a C130 to take us on to San Diego

leg37b.jpg

Leg38 San Diego KSAN - La Guardia KLGA

Next up is SWVA7337 who had terrible problems with his PC so we HAD to crack on. But in true ATWC spirit Eric got the shots to us and it was worth it!

As we would expect a B737-700 was just the ticket for this flight!

leg38a.jpg

Followed unexpectedly by the Cirrus SR22, a beautifaul aircraft.

leg38b.jpg

Leg39 La Guardia KLGA - Washington DC KDCA

Now for the return of the Sam!

Realair Duke B60, it doesn't get much better than that, neither does the screenshots!

Leg39-1.jpg

Beautiful landing shots at Washington

Leg39-2.jpg

A brilliant return Sam!

Leg40 Washington DC KDCA - Ocala KOCF

Finally a post by a newcommer Longbeard, or is it?

Unfortunately John could not make the flight, this seemed to be the theme of this section, so I wonder who can take up the gauntlet? (Guesses on a postcard please!) Yes! Red saves the day again (You must get a proper job TRB!!)

Ed steps upto the breach again to save this final leg. So what will departing his hangar this time?

This looks like the JF/CLS 747-300/300 to me!

leg40.jpg

Now passing over to the Dizzie -

leg40-1.jpg

And a successful end to section 4.

leg40-2.jpg

Ed is just hanging onto the baton for a while until the next section!

Thanks for watching and thanks to all the pilots who helped us through this difficult section :thanks:

Cheers

How did I get out of the small airfield hmmmmm? well I had a full load of fuel 20 degress of flaps full power with brakes on until the engine is go then off the brakes and you lift off just above the stall speed. :smile:

Worked for me.

Ohh and Mut the get a proper job, well I have one. I am a school kid! with lots of spare time. Precise my foot op fell right in the middle of this section so I had to had 5 weeks off school as I couldn't get a shoe on and the elves of saftey would of been shocked :thum: