FSX Blotchy Textures

Hi chaps,

Finally got my new PC up and running and FSX (SP2). It works wonderfully! :rockon:

The only problem I'm having with FSX is that some of the terrain textures appear blotchy and from a distance, some look a bit pixel-like. I think I saw a thread somewhere (perhaps on this forum) about this, so maybe people will know what I am talking about. If not, I'll post a screenshot.

Any help appreciated,

George

Hi George,

Make sure you have the Global Texture Resolution set to Very High in the Graphics tab of the options menu or possibly the LOD (Level of Detail) radius set to Large in the Scenery tab.

Cheers

Hey Mutley,

This is what the problem looks like:

2009-6-23_18-20-36-266.jpg

It only happens in a few areas, with a few of the land textures. One place is the start of the mission "Introduction to Mountain Flying".

Cheers,

George

:thum:

That's not good, do you have any other scenery installed yet and does it only happen in missions?

I am going so have a look and see what it is like on mine, got to go out now so will have a look later.

Cheers

I'm very confident that it isn't my PC, because it happened on my other PC too. I never really played FSX, though, so I didn't bother to do anything about it.

Haven't done many free flights yet, but now that you mention it - I have only noticed it in missions. No addons installed yet!

Cheers

George

What's the chances of that now George? The good thing is I have never seen this before so it must be isolated to the missions.

For quality, you should see what I am flying in atm. Madiera X by Aerosoft, I am spending so much time flying and enjoying the scenery I haven't even started to write the review yet :thum:

Cheers

Good point! :thum:

I had already looked into a few addons, Madeira X is definately a good choice. Looking forward to that review.

But since that excellent review of Alderney by Earth Simulations, that is currently first on my list! :atwc:

Thanks again for the help, :blush:

George

I can take a look tonight to see if the texture pack I got corrects the problem even inside a mission. Is the problem in the start of the "Introduction to mountain flying"-misson in a small place, or all over the place so it's easy to spot??

As for must have add-ons, take a look at REX... once I tried it I couldn't be without.

I had the cappy look when flying the misson too, even with addon textures installed.

But flying from the same airfield in free flight the scenery looked as it should.

By the looks of the field in question the mission included some add-on scenery in it self, because there were more buildings in the mission, I think.....

EDIT: Scratch my last statement... looking closer I realised I was in the other end of the runway, looking the wrong way... :thumbup:

It looked a bit better outside the mission, but there were parts that were blotchy even with addon textures...

Thanks for looking Micke,

The pictures above from George and Me are from different missions, now I am seeing these horrible textures in other missions too, I had just never noticed before.

Cheers

Good point! :thumbup:

I had already looked into a few addons, Madeira X is definately a good choice. Looking forward to that review.

But since that excellent review of Alderney by Earth Simulations, that is currently first on my list! :faint:

Thanks again for the help, :wow:

George

Alderney is in a different league George, it's a shame it is such a small island but there are 6 different texture sets and variable autogen, it doesn't get much better than that!

Cheers