VFR Real Scenery for FSX

Hi Steve,

Just Flight VFRRS was the first photo scenery to be released and that wasn't long after FSX itself was released. I think Horizon GenX was not long after.

Considering how long FSX has been with us the source data has got to be 4 - 5 years old for both packages.

I cannot ever see there being updates other than a complete new series. In the beginning there was the odd patch to correct rogue textures but nothing since.

The new stuff that is coming for Darren & Vikki from http://www.earthsimulations.com has the very latest seasonally adjusted hi res textures with dynamic autogen but are of niche areas such as the Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly and Isle of Man not the mainland.

You could consider something like Tileproxy or similar programs that will import and render textures from Google Earth, but even they are not as up to date as I would like.

So in conclusion you won't be loosing out which ever set you choose.

Cheers

Thanks for the info.

I'm not really a high altitude long haul pilot so decided to go for the Alderney update, as I go to the Channel Islands every year and enjoy flying between the islands. Think I made the right choice.

Interesting idea taking images from Google Earth, something I shall have to investigate further...

:winka:

Hi Steve,

You could consider something like Tileproxy or similar programs that will import and render textures from Google Earth, but even they are not as up to date as I would like.

Cheers

This one looks interesting, I see the beta 8 seems to be the latest offering. Is it all beta versions for this and are there potentially a lot of problems or manual settings required?

Is anyone here running this and how are you getting on with it if you are.

I would love to replace the default scenery and was thinking of the VFR set, but it's only the UK and at the moment I fly all over Europe at various altitudes.