Hi Guys,

I really need some help, been trying to play AH/FSX today and after playing for a while FSX locks up and then AH locks up as FSX has... no error nothing...

I am running FSX Acceleration

AH

REX2

SuperTraffic Board (wasn't loaded today)

MyTraffic 2010

Plus loads of other add ons, where do I start to look to find out whats gone wrong??

All help welcome

Go on - bite the bullet and install Windows 7 (64-bit) - you know you're gonna have to sometime!! It will mean re-installing EVERYTHING - but it'll be worth it in the long run.... :cool:

Cheers - Dai. :atwc:

My mistake, I should have included that I am already running Windows 7 (64 bit) and it still crashed :thum:

A lot of people (myself included) experience the FSX freezing problem. The problem occurs only on long flights. The problem has been experienced on many different combinations of hardware, and the problem does not seem to relate to any particular version of Windows.

Some FSX users have reported that the problem can be related to clicking on the FSX menu bar, but users have reported, too, that the problem can be related to right-clicking to access the pop-up menu. I can do without the pop-up menu, but I have difficulty doing without being able to click the menu bar at the top of the screen. Sure, many of the menu's functions can be accessed via keyboard combinations instead, but learning and remembering the combinations is no fun. Additionally, there are some functions that have no keyboard combination.

I have found the problem does not occur if I press the ";" key and save an in-progress flight. (I have not tried doing only a single save during a long flight (making several saves, instead), but it would be interesting to see if a single save does the trick). Another thing I have tried (seemingly with success, so far) is to put FSX into windowed mode before accessing anything on the top menu. If this continues to work, then accessing the toolbar only while in windowed mode, would be the best workaround. However, doing several saves during a long flight is the only workaround I have tried enough times. I know it works. (Other users have avoided the freezing problem by running the whole flight in windowed mode, but I feel using windowed mode spoils the flight experience).

Dan

Occasionally this will happen to me (using vista). The best way to 'solve' the problem I have found is to do nothing. Just leave everything as it is and eventually FSX resumes without a hitch. Sometimes it will take 5mins, sometimes 15. But at least I don't have to start all over again

Not an issue I've ever had in the Sim. Occasionally, I do get a brief black screen, lasts for about half a second. But to be honest i think thats an REX issue.

Chris... watch out, on Mutleys I can let my hair down, I'm much more of a nutter here.

Check out the name of the smilie, uncle mutley made it for me.

:rockon:

Not an issue I've ever had in the Sim. Occasionally, I do get a brief black screen, lasts for about half a second. But to be honest i think thats an REX issue.

Chris... watch out, on Mutleys I can let my hair down, I'm much more of a nutter here.

Check out the name of the smilie, uncle mutley made it for me.

You can release the shackles of moderator-ism ? :thumbup:

I love the smiley by the way, uncle martin :rofl:

But only I'm aloud to use the Uncle martin Smilie, thats why it's called Uncle martin, is that clear? It's mine and mine alone.

:thumbup: Fear not Martin, you shall never, ever see Christopher using your smiley. :rofl::thum:

Here's one for you Chris! t0112.gif

Cheers

But only I'm aloud to use the Uncle martin Smilie, thats why it's called Uncle martin, is that clear? It's mine and mine alone.

:rofl: Fear not Martin, you shall never, ever see Christopher using your smiley. :thum::thum:

Here's one for you Chris! t0112.gif

Cheers

The Mutt Man himself! :thumbup: I don't beleive we have said hello yet. :smile: I cannot help imagine Martins smiley and the one you have just posted having a fight. . . a "smiley fight"

I love the emotions here, better than Just Flights ( I now fear assassination from Martin )

:rockon: Welcome to Mutley's Chris I hope you have fun here and find it informative.

Apologies to Phil though for hijacking his thread, I hope the sim is running better now :rofl:

Cheers

Not a problem Mutley, it is your board after all and anyway it is always nice to greet new members on board.

:thumbup: Chris