Squadron Scramble...

I've just completed the work on this and here are some shots of the twelve Hunter FGA9s of 208 Squadron getting airborne in one minute and five seconds:-

strad20.jpg

I've managed to squeeze the twelve traffic Hunters onto the concrete ORP.

strad28.jpg

...the "gaggle"!

You can see the other shots in the sequence by clicking this address:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

Thanks for looking :bowdown:

That is an impressive sight Peter, it's a shame we can't hear the sound too!

Peter, are you going to FSC Weston Super Mare next month?

Joe,

I don't plan to go to FSC, but what date is it?

The advanced AIBlast sound is very impressive on that scramble...I will be making a video of it soon and will post it in that section :thumbup:

That is an impressive sight Peter, it's a shame we can't hear the sound too!

Peter, are you going to FSC Weston Super Mare next month?

Joe,

I don't plan to go to FSC, but what date is it?

The advanced AIBlast sound is very impressive on that scramble...I will be making a video of it soon and will post it in that section :thanks:

Thanks Peter, I was hoping you were going to take a video.

The FSC is on the weekend of the Sat & Sunday 15 & 16th May, I had a stand last year but going as a visitor this year with Dai on Saturday.

Here is a quick and dirty video of the Squadron Scramble...I will do something more artistic when I get the time:-

Best watched in HD(480) and with the sound turned up...Note, I'm filming from the other end of the runway with zoom and you won't hear any sound till they start their take-off roll :winka:

Just watched it! :winka:

Very impressive, besides the take off roll, I love the shot of them disappearing into the distance almost jostling for position.

Thanks for posting

Joe

Looks good, but I can't help to wonder what would happen if the leader has to abort his take-off.....

Simple...The others go round him :thanks: ...on the line up used that would only mean two aircraft would need to divert slightly...A worse case is a failure with a number 2 or 3 in the sections...This involves slight diversions on both sides. In practice the aborting aircraft is very soon ahead of all the unstick points and everybody will be going over the top :whis:

It was fairly uncommon to scramble a squadron...more usually a pair or a four with occasionally on a big exercise two fours. I did once scramble in a twelve on an exercise in Holland.

I made this scramble just for a display item which I will use for the 50th anniversary flight...In real life we went as three fours at 1 hour intervals but I want to make the simulation a bit more spectacular :thum:

• 3 weeks later...
Nice shots! Something different's nice!

Thanks Keiran...Glad you enjoyed it. Yes it is something different. I don't believe it has been done before in Flight Sim. The twelve scrambling fighters are all AI Traffic :faint:

Sorry if you have already said it and I missed it, but what program did you use to get all of those AI aircraft in those formations

Nice shots! Something different's nice!

Thanks Keiran...Glad you enjoyed it. Yes it is something different. I don't believe it has been done before in Flight Sim. The twelve scrambling fighters are all AI Traffic :faint:

Sorry if you have already said it and I missed it, but what program did you use to get all of those AI aircraft in those formations

AFCAD and Ttools in FS9 :great: