how else can i uninstall fs9

Hi Mutley and all,

:stars:

Have been off the flying game for some time but have had the need for speed again but to my damm horror when starting up fs9 a error message pops up first one is the terrain.cfg and then the scenery.cfg, both say the normaly thing saying missing,corrupt etc please try reinstalling etc.

Ive placed the disc 1 in tray and the uninstall option is there but fails todo any thing, went on to progrms and features to remove but after clicking uninstall and granting permisson this to fails to do anything after..

Im totally gutted no flying for me, hope some one can help

Somersetflight,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Only just catching up with things, How's it going, still having problems?

It may be you don't have fs9.exe file in the FS9 folder? If not, you could use notepad to create a file called fs9.txt then rename it fs9.exe and it may fool it into un-installing?

Cheers

have you tried the Windows 'Add Or Remove Programs' option from within Control Panel yet Andy?? It shouldn't require the FS9 CD as there is a built in un-installer app hidden within the main FS9 folder...

have you tried the Windows 'Add Or Remove Programs' option from within Control Panel yet Andy?? It shouldn't require the FS9 CD as there is a built in un-installer app hidden within the main FS9 folder...

hi guys just a quick update, uve not been able to try anything yet due to shift work but hope to try later on today,

have tryed the windows remove program but that just dont do anything..

im off to bed now thanks for some tips there guys and sorry its been a while replying

Andy

I always had trouble uninstalling FS9. I usually reverted to just deleting the FS9 folder and that worked for me. But don't do it just yet! I'm sure there is an easier way

well after trying all the normal ways again and no joy!! i tryed your way rob and bingo, simple way in the end.

have installed again and just about to fly again

thanks guys speak soon hopfully with some pics

cheers guys

andy