I recently downloaded a new freeware Enstrom 280FX Shark helicopter from FlightSim.com. The download included several different liveries (including, incidentally, a couple of liveries with pontoons for water landings). The Enstrom is a native FSX model. I decided to take the Enstrom for a flight around Paris. The screenshots below show a couple of familiar landmarks ("borne limite").

Arc de Triomphe

Arc de Triomphe.jpg

La Tour Eiffel

La Tour Eiffel.jpg

Very nice shots, I'm not a heli fan but it looks good in this scenery!

My use of helicopters came about only after I realized they're a great way to inspect scenery at airports I develop, and after I realized Heli Traffic 2009 provided a means to show realistic AI helicopter traffic. I use just about every pilotable helicopter I have as AI.

Dan

WOW! Fantastic views of Paris Dan.

Superb atmosphere also.

What scenery package is that from please?

The Arc de Triomphe looks almost real.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Brian

WOW! Fantastic views of Paris Dan.

Superb atmosphere also.

What scenery package is that from please?

The Arc de Triomphe looks almost real.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Brian

Well, thanks for the compliments, Brian. I was a bit surprised, myself, at how realistic Paris can be made to look. That's why I shared the screenshots.

I use FSX with Acceleration. I have no custom Paris scenery installed. There are two things I did to make things appear more photographic:

1. After flying to the site, I did a bit of slewing to put any unrealistic-appearing FSX ground textures out of frame.

2. I set visibility to "10 mi." I've found that setting visibility to 10 miles (or less, if there is precipitation) is the point at which things change from appearing a bit cartoonish to appearing quite realistic. I've tried "20 mi" settings, but a "20 mi" setting doesn't do the trick. In this particular case, I had the visibility setting of 10 miles going up to more than sufficient altitude to take in all of the cumulus cloud layer.

Dan