Thanks Mutley! :001_th_smiles89: , The DC 2 is a fantastic plane :icon_thumbup:

It is indeed but only when you can keep it in the air more than 10 minutes :001_th_smiles48: The last two flights I've had have ended due to engine fires :001_th_smiles48:

It is a great aircraft though, just need to improve my flying skills.

Great shots and excellent video. Are you using FS Recorder for the video footage? Where did you get the Royal Mail variant? Is it a download as I don't think I have it but then again I may be wrong.

Thanks Sabre! :001_th_smiles89:

I am useing FS Recorder for the video, I must give full credit to fellow member John Smith who pointed out to me the render tool in FS Recorder, which has made my videos much smoother.

The Royal Mail livery is one of the default paint schemes for the DC 2, it is titled "Douglas DC-2 Australian National Airways VH-UYC".

Thanks again :icon_thumbup:

Thanks Sabre! :001_th_smiles89:

I am useing FS Recorder for the video, I must give full credit to fellow member John Smith who pointed out to me the render tool in FS Recorder, which has made my videos much smoother.

The Royal Mail livery is one of the default paint schemes for the DC 2, it is titled "Douglas DC-2 Australian National Airways VH-UYC".

Thanks again :icon_thumbup:

Hmmm..... I've tried the latest version of FS Recorder but it crashes when I start FSX. I'll have to look at a reinstall, I haven't used it enough so I'm not aware of the render tool so thanks for the info. The couple of videos I've done so far have been done live using fraps but this is far from ideal.

Also thanks for the info on the DC 2 I'll have to look much more closely next time I fly it. Needs a bit of practice to fly though. :icon_thumbup:

Im not sure which FS Recorder version youve got, but if youve got the current beta version and that doesnt work, give the "Current Stable Version" ago and see if that one works.

Once youve got the hang of the DC 2, its a joy to fly!

Shrews :001_th_smiles89:

I hadn't downloaded the free livery pack so I only had three variants - I've now got more than I know what to do with :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mutley! :001_th_smiles89: , The DC 2 is a fantastic plane :icon_thumbup:

It is indeed but only when you can keep it in the air more than 10 minutes :001_th_smiles48: The last two flights I've had have ended due to engine fires :001_th_smiles48:

It is a great aircraft though, just need to improve my flying skills.

Sorry for my late reply (holidays :P;-) )

But maybe you should re-download the latest version from Our DC2 site.

There was an update in january, and besides some omprovemnts in modelling and gauges, there was also an improved flight model. That should reduce your engine fires. But still, you can't fly her full throttle all the time, you have to fly by the numbers.

@Shrews, great shots and video. :thumbup:

Sorry for my late reply (holidays :P;-) )

But maybe you should re-download the latest version from Our DC2 site.

There was an update in january, and besides some omprovemnts in modelling and gauges, there was also an improved flight model. That should reduce your engine fires. But still, you can't fly her full throttle all the time, you have to fly by the numbers.

@Shrews, great shots and video. :thumbup:

I just downloaded the DC2 in July for the first time so I think I should have the latest version. I don't believe for one minute there is anything wrong with the DC2 and I would put all of my issues down to simple pilot error. :001_th_smiles89: