As a present for our 1 year anniversary Emma bought me a Supercar Experience. I was sceduled to drive 1 lap in each of the company's top rated cars, unfortunately the car I wanted to drive most (Ferrari F430) had some mechanical problems in the morning, which meant a mad scramble for all the morning people to get re-assigned. They called me to say my day had been cancelled, thankfully I was driving so didn't answer. When we got there the main man explained the problem and said as compensation they would let me drive the other cars for more laps! The best part about it was that the other 2 cars that I was down to drive initially (Porsche GT3 Oakley and Aston Martin DB9) I wasn't too bothered about anyway.

I drove the TVR 350T (3.6ltr, 350bhp), Jaguar XKR (5.0ltr, 510bhp) and the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale (3.4ltr, 425bhp) and was also treat to a 'hot lap' in the Ariel Atom driven by ex F1 drive Mike Wilds - videos all below.

I've always wanted to drive a Ferrari and the speed & power of the thing was incredible, the noise was something else. When other people where racing around the track the Ferrari was the one you could hear most. The Jag was very easy to drive, but the electronic aids were far to keen to get involved with the traction control and ABS kicking in too soon. The TVR was fantastic - no electronic aids at all and a fantastic sound track.

If anyone loves cars and gets the opportunity to do something like this make sure you do it.

TVR350T

Jaguar XKR

Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

Ariel Atom

Great footage Rob, I know the TVR is a bugger to drive, especially that clutch so you did really well. We can see you getting better and more confident as you drive the XKR then the Ferrari 360. I reckon with a few more laps in the 360 you would have been nailing it, well done mate!

Thanks for sharing, now get that paintbrush back in your hand!