CH-Pro Throttle (your views about this product please)

Hi Guy's.

A used "CH Products PTU996 Pro Throttle" http://www.chproduct...o_throttle.html has just come up for sale in my area, and I was wondering if any of you have used this product?.

The seller tells me it's about 8 years old and has a USB port connector :thumbsup: , it looks to be in very good shape in the photo he sent and he tell's me that all the buttons/functions are working as they should.

Please could any of you that have used this product let me know if there are any things/bugs that should watch out for when buying these older type CH-Products, because I want to use it for FSX with a Windows7 64 bit OP.

I intend to download the latest drivers from the CH-Products site, I'm hoping that these will be 100% compatible with Win7 64 and the older CH-Products because the seller has lost the original driver/software CD :unsure:

Cheer's...Graham...

Hi Graham,

I use CH products and I can't fault them (I don't have this though), if you are using Windows 7 you will not need any drivers, just plug it in and Windows will install a driver automatically. Then all you have to do is go into FSX, highlight the controller and assign throttle axis (If required) and buttons.

If it is a good price then go for it, perhaps the seller would agree a return if it didn't work?

I can only echo Mut - I have their yoke, pedals and the 6-axis throttle, but not that one. I find the hardware sturdy and reliable and the one time I needed tech support they were very, very good.

John

Thank for the advice Gents.

I have agreed to get the throttle posted to my place, I'm going to take a chance on this :yikes: but its only $25 so there not much to be lost if it turns out to be faulty, and if it is in good working order, as She said it is! it will be a very good upgrade from the throttle on my joystick that I use ATM.

Thanks again...Graham...

I am using the CH Pro Throttle USB and they are great, I have had it about 7 or 8 years now.As I said it is great but about a year ago it started acting up abit IE: it dropped power now and again and became intermittent, Now this lead to some very scarey landings and take offs but I have a backup throttle on my CH Fighterstick which has saved the day now and then. I would not swap my CH throttle even in this condition as it is great fun sometimes

Dont let this put you off buying one its still a great throttle.

Thanks for the info Gunfighter.

I agreed to buy it, and am just waiting for it to arrive, hopeing that it will be OK, but at the price they were asking! I thought that its worth the risk and the seller did say it was in good working order, we will just have to wait and see if that bit was true ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Just an update.

The pro thottle arrive by Canada snail post today, it was very well packaged bt the seller, and it seems to be working fine ATM :) .

Not sure how to set it up yet, looks like I have a lot of reading and searching to do, got to be honest it looks good but I think this is going to be much more than I needed, because there's so many buttons and hat switches to map :stars: .

@ Gunfighter. I have just checked the throttle movement with the calibration software, and it appears to be rock steady wherever I put it with no power drop off, so I'm hopeing I have a good one here :) .

Also do you know what the three LED lights do? it does not seem to say anything about them in the help files in the program? :unsure:

Cheer's...Graham...

Hi Graham,

Glad you got the throttle ok and it's working ok too. Result.

Regarding the 3 LEDs, is there a function for mapping the buttons in 3 different modes?

I would think the LEDs are for your info' letting you know what mode you are in.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Brian

Thanks Brian.

Yes is does seem to be for different modes, when I press the mini joystick lever in, it lights up a different LED, just not to sure about how to set it all up yet, so have left it in the standard mode for now :smile:.

Now I have done a couple of flights with the throttle, I wonder how I ever lived without one for all this time, taxing is so much easier now I have the Prop RPM on one of the switches and the tail wheel lock is on anther one because I always forget that one untill its too late ;) .

@Gunfighter. I did notice some intermittent behaviour when I first set the throttle up and was in game with my joystick plugged in as well, it turned out to be the throttle on my joystick! and there was a bit of a conflict, :( I guess that FSX cant handle two throttle sliders from different hardware on a single engined plane, once I unmapped/deleted the JS throttle slider in my FSX settings, (its now is mapped to work the booster in my P47) the CH-Pro went back to normal and was rock steady again :smile: .

Cheer's...Graham...

Thanks for Heads up on The throttle The JS I have is also a CH Pro Fighterstick which is OK to use with Throttle as they both use same config settings so I dont think thats my problem I dont think I would like it to work correctly now as it has been like that for while and I kinda like the Fun part of using it and The JS Throttle is always a standby.I have had some great fun with it getting to the airfield threashold and it cutting back power, has been scary but fun. There is some free software at CHProducts Web site "CH Control Manager" which will help you configure buttons and Modes but I just use FSX SetUp in Controls to config Buttons which is ample for me.

Bill aka Gunfighter