Making a trim wheel for FSX

• 6 years later...

Did you see this?

Desktop Aviator has a nice looking Trim Wheel Panel.

You can see it at:

http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Model_2700/index.htm

It has a 4 inch TW with 6 spdt full size toggle switches and a second

rotary potentiometer for Rudder Trim.

I bought one recently and it's GREAT. It fits inside a GoFlight rack; an added plus.

TrimWhee.gif

Hi Steve, welcome to Mutley's Hangar forums.:)

Thanks for the heads up and product thumbs up but It shows out of stock right now on their site and doesn't list a price.

EDIT: I see they are back in stock for $110.95, it would be a handy item with all those switches but the user would need to design a box and mounting unit as it was designed for their panel rack. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a tutorial but the pictures are self explanatory..........................

Build yourself a trim wheel using an old PC mouse in conjunction with Peter Dowson's software FSUIPC.

The first picture shows the simple modification to a PC mouse cable tied to the leg of the flight sim table.

trim_wheel.jpg

trim_wheel_cover.jpg

The second picture shows the trim wheel cover made from black corrugated plastic and below my home made rudder pedals.

rudder_pedals.jpg

Edited by IZ0JUB
  • Thanks 2
On 12/3/2017 at 16:52, brett said:

Hi Steve, welcome to Mutley's Hangar forums.:)

Thanks for the heads up and product thumbs up but It shows out of stock right now on their site and doesn't list a price.

EDIT: I see they are back in stock for $110.95, it would be a handy item with all those switches but the user would need to design a box and mounting unit as it was designed for their panel rack. 

I use a GoFlight's mini rack. Looks really good. GoFlight's larger rack can also be used.

• Like 1