Anyone having difficulty starting the J41?

Hi Guys,

I have asked many questions in this forum so I think it is my turn to give something back.

Recently had a blast in this plane and couldn't even start it - SWITCHES EVERYWHERE!!!

I tried the tutorial but was getting different lights being shown to the screenshot etc and really got confusing. I thought I would do a quick search and found this in their support forums...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/261431-js41-startup-guide/

I have not tried this yet but planning on to tonight; hope this helps some people out there.

Cheers,

Jim

Cool - I liked the look of it too and thought I woudl give it a shot but the startup tutorial lasts like 30mins trying to find a million switches - but this guide helps and I also found a youtube quick guide too.

The thing is its not as real as in the real world - simply gets you off the ground.

I am going to have a try again tonight because I think if I can get this plane off the ground it would be pretty damn good to fly. The attention to detail in the cockpit and also the external details when parked is brilliant.

OK So I finally got round to attempting this and it work fine. Although when you get to the end of runway to take off change the lever in the control panel (far right) to flight - I did not and engines went on fire... Tried again after and all went well as you can see from the screens :)

119188302-4.jpg

119188270-4.jpg

119188459-4.jpg

119188462-4.jpg

119188463-4.jpg

119188470-4.jpg

yeah the guy with the goaty is looking and they move their heads too. I have had to uninstall it though because for since installing it my FSX crashes and it says 'out of memory...' or something.

I have run the tool that is pinned that tweaks your fsx.cfg but still no joy. I really need to look on the web for other tips because I am sure I have read somewhere some tips that would help.

never had any issues before installing that damn plane :)

The J41 is a fantastic aircraft to fly, but can also be incredibly frustrating at the same time. Even following the tutorial using the PMDG cold + dark flight 9 times out of 10 would lead to an engine fire for some reason. I had found a tool that puts the aircraft into the correct cold & dark state prior to any flight. You just load up the J41 at the gate, open this application outside of FSX and press tab+q, wait a bit and the J41 is cold and dark. As long as you follow the start-up procedure correctly you wont get an engine fire. If you want the tool drop me a pm with your email address and I'll send it over

Thanks 4 that but ill give it a miss because since installing it my FSX kept crashing so I hav done a clean install and kept away until I find out a solution to the out of memory issue! I found some tips but haven't tried them yet! Thanks anyway bud!

If you do get it working without OOM crashes there's one more add-on you might consider that is specifically tailored for the J41.

It's called FS2Crew and gives you a virtual First Officer that can help you with the tasks a First Officer usually does in the plane.

There's two versions of the program. One with voice control and one with button control.

Rob did a review of the Voice controlled version a while back. I'm using the button control version since Windows speech recognition won't work on non-english versions of Windows :gaah:

wow that looks ace! I am going to run a couple of defrags tonight, then perform a backup of my hard drive. After that I will install some of the mods that I was having before the tweaks I have made and see if it is stable or not.

I may take a look into this if I get the plane working as it is a great little plane and features. Could so do some serious long haul flights with this.

Thanks for pointing that out; I also spotted a marshaller too but I don't think I will be going for that one ;)

No problem, as others have said we are here to help ;)

The marshaller comes with the package. I can't remember if you can opt out of installing during the installation process or not, but you can always chose not to use it within the simulator.

Oh right didn't know that, it looked like it was a seperate product - if its included then I would give it a shot but probably turn it straight off after.

So many addons at the moment that I could splurge £100's of pounds on but unfortunately fundage has to be used for other things BOOO!!!

Ah well

I am tempted to get one of the earth simulation packs for one of the isles as they are fantastic, then that island would be my virtual home for low and slow flying - unfortunatley they have not made an East Midlands area map :)

I do not want to get gen x or any other simply because I only have a small hard drive; but one of the islands wouldn't be too much to put on and for when I show off when people visit my house and see the graphics I can wow them with that hehe