FEX, REX, and the texture booster

Hello everyone, I have been looking into improving the quality of FSX, so have been exploring the options. So far I want to get FEX, REX, and a few texture boosters. Can FEX or REX be used with the texture boosters simultaneously, and which one would you recommend?

Thanks,

Wyatt

Hi Wyatt,

Why do you want two environment programs (FEX & REX) which essentially do the same thing?

I think REX2 is the most popular here, it is due for an upgrade soon but I'm not sure when as the announcement was just a spoiler as Active Sky 2012 had just been released!

If by texture boosters you mean Ground Environment or other base scenery enhancers like FTX then they can be used with FEX & REX2

Cheers..Joe

Hi Wyatt,

First off, no problems with using these programs with ground texture programs.

It depends where you fly as to which ground textures to use. Ground Environment X covers some large regions, there's quite a good write up by Jack here http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jack/gex/gex.htm.

Otherwise if Orbx cover the region then get that!

Cheers.. Joe

GEX is just ground textures, so no! it will not do anything to the airports.

REX2 on the other hand, will give you the option to upgrade how the runways look and some of these look quite nice and they do look a lot better than the default ones IMO :) (can't comment about FEX as I don't have that one).

UTX, does upgrade a few airport buildings in certain areas, but not very many TBO :( .

Hope that was helpfull :) .

Cheer's...Graham...

PS: this looks good if you want to upgrade your airports world wide without spending to much cash "Ultimate Airport Environment (FSX) "http://www.pcaviator...45&bestseller=Y