The tragedy continues - Yet another cockpitless aircraft

I expect they have the aircraft roll-out planned for the next 6 months at least, if the development work has been completed then keeping it hidden away costs them money.

I think this aircraft just continues the ethos of this game, it's nothing to get worked up about. :)

Cheers,

Joe

He he... Haven't got any feelings for this project anymore, so I'm not worked up - more like wondering wether a laugh or a cry is in order :)

Flight bored me from day one and I've got no hopes it will get any better. But it is still a very interesting game to follow as I don't understand a thing of what Microsoft is doing or what people who like Flight are attracted to. It's a real Sherlock Holmes mystery to me. :)

Howard said they were aiming for 20 million users. If they succeed I'll have to reconsider my entire view on the PC gaming industry. Flight is then a real game changer (pun intended) succeeding against all odds (from my point of view of course).

He he... Haven't got any feelings for this project anymore, so I'm not worked up - more like wondering wether a laugh or a cry is in order :)

I'm with you there, a Zero (cockpit-less) flying over Hawaii, you couldn't make it up :whis:

• 5 weeks later...

No cockpit, why?

Simple - MONEY - if you can sell enough of them without the time, effort and development costs of designing the cockpit then you've saved some cash - end ;)

When the target audience is 13-year old gamers using mouse, keyboard or X-box controller, what is the point of having a detailed cockpit? It's not a flight simulator, it's a flight-themed game. The typical user very likely has no interest in the kind of flying that a cockpit is useful/needed for. Super Mario Kart probably didn't have an instrument panel either, but they sold quite a few copies.

I just don't think they're going to move MSF closer to being a flight simulator.

John

I'm with you there, a Zero (cockpit-less) flying over Hawaii, you couldn't make it up :whis:

Following Microsoft's logic thus far, maybe their next plane will be a P-40 to chase the Zero or a sunken battleship (one without a bridge mind you). :wacko2:

• 2 years later...