Cubbing the East Coast

Just a few shots from a short trip up the east coast of the New Zealand South Island in the A2A Piper Cub from NZAS Ashburton to NZCH Christchurch.

NZAS1.jpg

NZAS2.jpg

NZAS3.jpg

NZAS4.jpg

Leaving Lake Ellesmere

NZAS5.jpg

NZAS6.jpg

The scenery looks great. Perfect for those nice relaxing Cub flights.

I don't fly the Cub to often but I sure am tempted to get that A2A one. I watch their promo vid's and have come close a few times.

The scenery looks great. Perfect for those nice relaxing Cub flights.

I don't fly the Cub to often but I sure am tempted to get that A2A one. I watch their promo vid's and have come close a few times.

All of the A2A aircraft are superb. I can highly recommend their products.

TBH though I am a bit of a fanboy as I own the Cub, P-47, P-40, Spitfire and the B-17 which is a particular favourite of mine. All with Accusim which just adds to the immersion for me.

Thanks Sabre. I'm a little shocked that your a big fan of A2A. I never would have guessed. :P I am a big fan of their AccuFeel product, it has added to the feel of the sim immmensely IMO. I'm hopeing that they will be able to get the cabin noises to come alive during in flight turbulance soon. I'm going to talk the wife into getting me one of their aircraft for my B-day, hmmm now which one to choose first............

I'm going to talk the wife into getting me one of their aircraft for my B-day, hmmm now which one to choose first............

No Choice really Brett, go for the P47 Razor back, it the best plane I ever bought :) . (A2A WOP3 P40 is good, but much harder to control ;) ).

Cheer's...Graham...

PS: nice shots Graeme, you nearly made me pull the trigger on the credit card with this post ;) .

I would go for the aircraft shown in this topic, the Cub! I like the fun with Heidi, her comments, and the way the aircraft flies, but that is just my opinion. Depends what you like really, I like the low and slow, and the Cub well represents that. And I still say the Cub is the best aircraft I ever bought and has been my favourite aircraft for over a year now.

Brett I don't know whether it helps or hinders buy I agree with Graham and Brett :D

If you fancy an old warbird then get the P-47, if you fancy something for the low 'n slow and lots of fun then get the Cub. Either way treat yourself to something from A2A you won't be disappointed.

Thanks guys, :D The P47 does look very appealing to fly but I'm not sure I would fly it as much as I would the Cub. It does look like it would be a pretty cool diversion from my sightseeing type flying though, blasting through valleys with all that power. In the past I have found the old warbirds with their short wings a bit twitchy to control but this one looks like it rides a bit smoother. Well there is always Christmas.....