Going back to my roots but have a question

I am going back to prop planes for some touring but this time I'm looking at a baron for my travels with twin prop.

The issue I have is when I decrease the RPM lever for one of the engines it causes the plane to shimmy side to side. I understand that this is due to more power going through one engine but seriously does this even happen in real world flying?

I am guessing that in real world you would grab both levers at same time and change. Unfortunately I cannot do this in FSX VC; anyone have this too and do you have a solution?

I am tempted to find out the key to decrease RPM instead of using VC if no other solution is found.

Specifically its the carenado baron, but also happens with other twins too.

Cheers,

Jim

On the keyboard, F2 is the throttle reduction. F3 to increase. F1 rapid decrease. F4 rapid increase: or are you after some other way?

That is throttle not the RPM levers - the throttle is not a problem but cheers anyway mate

I'm looking to see if there is a way to move both at same time in VC? Or if I am doin something wrong with the plane rockin side to side?

Ctrl+F2 - increase rpm

Ctrl+F3 - decrease rpm

I cud use these but was looking for a VC tip on how I can move both levers at same time. Maybe carenado it is not possible.

Hi,

in the real world this happens as well if you leave the throttle where it is and play with the prop controls you are changing the angle of attack of the props so they speed up or slow down no matter what you do with the throttle by and large.

all planes with a wobbly prop have 4 settings that are used

Take off : here both prop and throttle controls are maxed out

maximum cruise: all planes differ slightly as max cruise issort of 75% power for example if you are using an unsupercharged plane with 300hp ie carenado 206 or baron or similar this setting would be 25inches of throttle 2,500 rpm

cruise: again using the 206 or baron as an example this setting which is what you use nearly all the time is 23 inches and 2,300 rpm

Landing: using the same planes as above here your throttle will be around 17inches but your prop will be pushed fully forward however it may not give maximum rpm unless you give it full throttle.

to ensure any small aircraft arrives on final there is a phrase to use and that is BUMPFICHH

which means :

Brakes off

Undercarriage down (even if it doesnt move)

Mixture fully rich

Prop in fine pitch

Fuel on and on the tank with the most fuel

Instruments set ie DI and altimeter

Carb heat out (for those that have it)

Hatches make sure they are secure

Harnesses make sure they are also secure

if you follow this neomonic every time you are downwind the plane will always arrive prepared for landing

Thanks for that info too but that wasn't my problem I takeoff cruise and land all gud and well - my issue was regarding changing the rpm levers on a twin in FSX causing it to 'wobble' due to more power going through one engine than another.

I think I'm going to use the shortcut keys rather than VC as I assume in real world these levers would be changed at same time (can't do in FSX for this addon)