Problems running FSX on main w/s monitor and FSC on second display.

Returning to Flight Sims after a long absence, I now have FSX Gold and bought my first payware 'plane (737 Pilot in Command from those very nice folks at Just Flight). I even went to Weston for the Show last month and watched in awe at many of the amazing setups. I do my best to fly the 737 as properly as possible, downloading Jeppsen maps and laying out SIDs and STARs.

One particular configuration struck me as very useful - flying on one W/S monitor and watching a moving map on another monitor. Having got two monitors (22" W/S and 19" 4:3) which I use for work anyway, I set about getting this to work in FSX with FSCommander as the moving map (and the other goodies).

Stone the crows* - FSX is not geared to help anyone do anything! Making FSX recognise the two displays took many evenings making all the obvious tweaks and settings changes, and eventually worked but for reasons I've now forgotten. Now I've got that second monitor working in FSX, I can't get rid of it - I want FSC to run there instead. What cfg changes am I missing?

FYI: I am running FSX fullscreen, I can run FSC and view it but as soon as FSX starts, it takes over and even ALT-TAB'ing doesn't allow me to view the main flying screen plus FSC.

Comments from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

* not actually what I said, but you get the idea.

you have to run fsx in windows mode so that you can see the header titles across the top to get the second screen to work otherwise the second screen remains blanked,

Yep run windowed mode - Alt + Enter.

I have a similar set-up with Plan G running on second monitor. I also have window task bar on auto hide to maximise view in windowed mode.

PS Welcome to the forum - I'm sure you'll have a great time here. :welcomeani: