Spot the Dolphins from the Needles by Helicopter...

Nice video, love the dolphins!

I am pleased to see that I am not the only one to achieve a precision landing on the Needles lighthouse! :D

One of my AH AI Pilots did it in an Embraer 175 last week :P;):D .

Nice video Dai :thum:

When your in the copper, do you have crashes switched off? just asking because even if I make a nice smooth and slow touch down in the MBB 105 I get the aircraft crash screen :( .

Not much of a rotorhead myself so I don't have a clue about this stuff ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

When I'm practicing hovers and landings, I have Crash Detection off - saves the bother of re-starting the flight if I run into trouble. For Missions and such, I turn C-D bacck on for realism's sake. For this video, I think C-D was off - making the clips with FRAPS was difficult enough! :whis:

I'll fire up the Bolkow and see how it compares with the Dodo-Sim 206B that I normally 'fly'...

On the Air Hauler front, I always got my AI pilot to do those 'impossible' landings - lakes, helipads, carriers etc - magic, aren't they?!? :clapping:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Thanks for that Dai.

Just tried loading a flight from the needles lighthouse, very sad though because as soon as the flight loads, I get the crash screen and I'm on the rocks below the light house :( .

I think that the needles lighthouse scenery was made for GenX, and I have justflights real scenery so that may be the problem?

Cheer's...Graham...

Graeme (hope that's right) - what helicopter are you using? Each one has a different set of contact points and crash speed settings in the aircraft.cfg. Quite honestly, it's a nightmare - better minds than me have not come up with a logical explanation why one helo crashes and another doesn't. Add in the scenery object having 'invisible' (yes, this is possible when a texture is miplaced or the transparency is incorrect) components - then the sky's the limit.

The Nemeth Bo 105 is particularly bad in this respect, whereas the Dodo-Sim 206B is good - and a lot more consistent in its flight dynamics too, once you've got used to it.

Actually, I don't think that Darren's light-house is the culprit - and yet... :whis:

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

P.S. All typed from my iPad usinf Splashtop XDisplay - Result!!

Graeme (hope that's right) -

Nope your thinking of the other one ;) .

I was in the ND BO-105 at the time so not sure if it was that or not, but I just got the Huey X, I'll give it a try in that one later to see if that heli loads on the pad instead of on the rocks, will also try to install the needles lighthouse scenery again if I can ever find it again "LOL" :D.

Cheer's...Graham...

I'll get it right one day...

He's the one with the red hair and leather flying helmet ;) .

BOT: Huey X does indeed seem to load ok on the heli pad, so it seems the BO-105 has a bug in it, or maybe it just got confused "LOL" :rofl:

I'm not even going to bother to try to sort this lot out! :wacko2:

2012-6-30_14-0-13-759copy.jpg

Cheer's...Graham...

Ouch! That looks real 'Harper's'! What a mixture... :clapping:

You're sitting on Darren's (E.S.) light-house, but The Needles scenery - and that big light-house possibly comes from the VFR pack. And the little light-house looks like one of the generic FSX scenery objects (in the Global folder?).

No wonder you sometimes get unexpected crashes. Mind you, that 105 is a twitchy b*gg*r at tihe best of times.

Thanks for sharing. :thum:

But, Lord knows where that other 'small' light-house comes from!

Hi Dai.

Thanks for the link, and yes that does look like one of my lighthouses "LOL" :D, have no idea were the smallest one came from? must have been a freeware goody that I could not resist at the time and now have no ruddy idea were I got it from, and it does not appear to be in my add on scenery files, so it looks like I'm stuck with it for now! :th_blush: .

Although they could be good for short cargo flights in AH, Needles # 1 to Needles # 2. Distance 25 feet. fee $69,000 :thum::D :D

Cheer's...Graham...