Clouds and mountains.

Hey guys.

I tried to do a full and interesting flight for the JF forum and finally thought i had flown one worth posting only to get a nice CTD on approach. Still i thought the shots may be of some interest to somone so here you go.

The flight was to be a scenic flight over the Alps between Klagenfurt and Salzburg both in Austria. My aircraft the TBM 700 A, as recomended freeware in PC pilot and already on my HD. The weather was crisp and clear over Klagenfurt and the time 3.00pm on this autumnal evening.

Pre-flight checks as nobody needs a dead engine over the alps.

t-1.jpg

Getting up on runway 10.

t-2.jpg

Making our first turn through 180 degrees to head west.

t-3.jpg

We travelled West, North West till we reached the vicinity of Mallnitz where we would take a rough Northerly route.

t-4.jpg

And thats when the weather changed. Gone was crisp blue and hello to moody grey.

t-5.jpg

Visibility was between poor and very poor so time to get some height we climbed from 4000 up to 12000.

t-6.jpg

It felt a little safer up here but we were getting hit by some hefty updrafts knocking this light aircraft around. At one point i was left with a 90 degree bank angle.

t-7.jpg

Nothing to do now but enjoy the clouds with the occasional mountain top.

t-8.jpg

t-9.jpg

t-10.jpg

t-11.jpg

Dropping over the other side of the Alps Salzburg comes into view. We were given clearance to runway 16 and then sadley CTD.

t-12.jpg

Hope you enjoyed what there was.

steve

They really are excellent Steve, the scenery is breathtaking.

Why is it that the time your PC decides to crash it is on the final approach, that has happened to me more than once, grrr..

Nice aircraft too, is that the FSD PC12?

Cheers

Cheers guys.

It was certainly an enjoyable flight and believe it or not, edge of my seat flying at times due to low visibility and huge updrafts.

I had a look joe for the FSD PC12 but could not fine it in case the aircraft uses 2 names. What i do know is the aircraft is a Socata TBM700 A. She is a very powerful single engine but with the feeling more like a turboprop. She is built for militarty use under the role of Recce, light trainer and military transport. Two of the liveries are for the French and Belgium airforces. It comes equiped with outstanding VC and cabin from which i flew most of the flight. The best part about this aircraft is the price tag.....its free :yikes: You can find it on avsim with a few repaints also over on Avsim under a search for TBM700. My only grudge for the flight was over sensetive trim which i will adjust before my next flight.

Thanks..

steve

Cheers, John

I remember now the PC-12 I have (Although not installed is from Flight 1 http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=pc12 and as you rightly said John it has a T tail. (That's what happens when you make a post a stupid-o'clock!!)

The FSD model is the PC-6 Porter http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Porter/

Sorry we lost the thread there Steve, these are definitely calendar material :yikes:

Cheers