Sheer enjoyment, Tucano style !

As it was a reasonably sunny day ,and there were no official flying assignments today, Igot permission to do an "extended air test" of my normal "working" aircraft. The Shorts Tucano is a real thoroughbred inspite of it's critics and it's painfull entry into service,(The RAF actually wanted the Pilatus PC9,but like many RAF procurement decisions, politics got involved and Shorts were given the contract.) It has the performance and feel of a fast jet but is a lot cheaper to operate than the Jet Provosts that preceded it. Anyway I was flying alone and I wanted to simply have fun.............

On the ramp at RAF Church Fenton

tucpkdCF.jpg

a spritely take off !

tuctoff.jpg

round the circuit and a low fast pass.

TuclowCF.jpg

staying low and heading into the Yorkshire Dales

TucanoWales.jpg

Then we pull up to 20,000 ft and simply enjoy the performance and power of the aeroplane

CopyofTucloop.jpg

rolling out among the evening clouds

tucsunset.jpg

Cloud dancing

tucclouds.jpg

A trainer with the performance of a Spitfire, love it!

Tucturn.jpg

all too soon It's time to turn for base

tuccrz.jpg

Passing one of her predecessors now flying in private hands, the BAC Jet Provost mk 5

JP5kemble.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Great shots Alan.

I am actually going down to RAF Linton-on-Ouse in North Yorks' on Thursday 19th to have a stint on the Tucano Simulator they have there.

Curtesy of my Son and his Mother in Law who organises the time slots on the Sim'

I will post some pics' when I get back home.

Where did you get this model from?

Cheers for now,

Brian :thum:

Thanks Guys,

Brian it was a freeware one that I picked up some time ago. I'm not sure who produced it but I think it's an FSDS model if that rings any bells. I also have the original Embraer Tucano in Brazilian AF colours and the panel on that was a lot better than the one that came with the RAF version so I borrwed it and dropped it into this one. It works well and the model is great to fly.

Joe , Marie took that pic at the new Novium Museum in Chichester, glad you like it.