Telekinesis apart, Rob - that's a great Review - Thanks for making it so readable. :thum:

I've been waiting for 'Snow-Flow' - very few sceneries have the right roof textures for winter. OrbX have got it right - excellent! I guess the level of detail has to be a convergence of gaming development and processor power - now we, in FSX, can have the GTA experience...

But where does this take us? With the M.S. Flight debacle in mind, are we simmers ready to get out of the cockpit? Whilst this level of detail would be just right for immersive FSX Missions, I'm not sure if the 'eye-candy' factor improves the flying itself. Call me a Luddite, or worse, but, as you almost say in the Review, you are waiting for the Zombies to attack!!

O.K. - I'm gonna bite the bullet - PNW here I come...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Mike,

Dai has been out and about with his metal detector and found a hord of gold coins. Have not the heart to tell him they are old BP petrol copies from the sixties.. :whis::thum:

@Mike In my opinion, the SnowFlow technology is one of their best.

I reviewed Swanson a couple of months ago where they introduced SnowFlow and where SF was not used in other areas the autogen looked no different from Summer to Winter and this is visible when flying around and looks so odd once you have seen the buildings with the snow textures.

Long may Orbx carry on implementing this.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Telekinesis apart, Rob - that's a great Review - Thanks for making it so readable. :thum:

I've been waiting for 'Snow-Flow' - very few sceneries have the right roof textures for winter. OrbX have got it right - excellent! I guess the level of detail has to be a convergence of gaming development and processor power - now we, in FSX, can have the GTA experience...

But where does this take us? With the M.S. Flight debacle in mind, are we simmers ready to get out of the cockpit? Whilst this level of detail would be just right for immersive FSX Missions, I'm not sure if the 'eye-candy' factor improves the flying itself. Call me a Luddite, or worse, but, as you almost say in the Review, you are waiting for the Zombies to attack!!

O.K. - I'm gonna bite the bullet - PNW here I come...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Luddite! :whis: