New Sort Of...

Hey All,

I've been flying FS since FS2002 and usually (95+%) fly in FS9 although I do have FSX Acceleration. I fly FS9 mainly because of the $ I have spent on it and the fact that the computer I use dates from 2004 and so generally handles FS9 well but often wants to choke on FSX. I should simply buy another computer and at some point will - but then do I really want to upgrade all the stuff I bought and downloaded? Some of which simply does not exist...

The last few years I haven't flown FS a lotI mainly some practices and then a flight or two during the annual around the world race for Sim Outhouse against AVSIM and Flightsim and another website that competed one year. I've flown in the RTW the last 6 or 7 years. I bought Air Hauler a couple years ago as it looked interesting and have flown it some. For whatever reason I've kind of got the bug to do more flying and so started Air Hauling. For the moment I'm flying medium difficulty and my base is KLWT to take advantage of Lauren Robison's Montana sceneries and yes I am a native Montanan and so am biased toward the area. Once I figure out the ins and outs of air hauler I will go to hard or career.

My company is Bison Air - not to be confused with that old geezer :whis: who calls his ramshackle outfit Buffalo Air. Wonder if he knows there are actually no Buffalo in North America? I've yet to figure out a logo and I've never done repaints but whatever it is it'll feature a Bison - head most likely. Anyway I immediately got rid of the POC Caravan and bought a Porter as my main plane. I wonder if the creators of Air Hauler have any idea how underpriced the Porter is in the game? Less than $500,000 for a new Pratt and Whitney turbine powered Pilatus aircraft??? Hey I'm all over that. I can get into and out of anyplace and while it is slow I can go real high (25,000 ft operating ceiling) looking for winds for speed. Love the Porter. When I have the money a Kodiak, PC-12 and 1900C are on the list as upgrades. Yeah my favorite aircraft are turboprops.

Now for the main question. Is there a way to get a new job board list of jobs before the jobs all expire? Right now I've 5 jobs left on the board none of which could I finish in time with a Porter. Yeah I've enough cash to swap planes like mad and maybe get another job or two in but that seems to defeat the purpose. Otherwise I wait around till the jobs expire I suppose.

Look forward to sharing the virtual skies with you all!

-Ed-

Welcome aboard. Great first post here.

The job board should regenerate with replacement jobs everytime you restart AH. It will remember the unexpired jobs and they will remain but the expired ones will be replaced, not necessarily one for one, but the total volume of jobs should be more or less stable, just not an absolute constant.

I'm assuming you're not shutting AH down, and if that's the case, there's no need to do that. If you aren't flying yourself, shutting down will not affect any current jobs, accepted or not, assigned to AI or not.

John

Hey All,

Thanks for the welcome! So I've no idea what is happening. Air Hauler is NOT refreshing the list of available jobs - it is deleting those flown or expired so the list continually gets shorter. In 4 or 5 hours all jobs should have expired so I will see if it generates anything new in the morning. If I start a new company I get a new list of jobs on a job board. Not sure what is up - any ideas?

-Ed-

Hey All,

I did check this AM and all jobs were gone and none refreshed. The refresh button turns red and does not work. l do have a valid license my purchase confirmation emails and account at Justflight say so. What now?

-Ed-

Hey All,

Thanks! No I was not using any Ais - just me. I've no problem reinstalling but I need to know how to uninstall first if that is needed or if I can install over the top of what I have. The issue is I had that nasty virus a year or so ago - the one that kept trying to sell you antivirus software as it did it's damage. I did win (Thank you rkill and malware bytes) and got rid of it but it did "hamstring" my computer eliminating over half the programs on my windows startup menu (not the programs themselves just on the menu and on many messed up the paths) and was infact actually hiding directories on different drives which I did figure out how to reverse. If air hauler was one of those eliminated I need to know how to uninstall it if I need to. My Eaglesoft planes don't work and that is probably licensing (registry issues I bet) but it's OK as I didn't fly them much except for the TwinCo and they were always kind of fussy. Most everything else works. As I indicated I'm just trying to preserve this FS9 install that I've built and messed with for over 5 years and use in the RTW. At some point I will need to think redoing everything and maybe moving to FSX which I have but I want to put it off as long as I can. In the meantime I will mess around with another air hauler company and see if I get the same behaviour.

-Ed-

PS My new company is Montana Air in memory of Fred Choate's Montana Air. I don't know how many of you were into flight sim 10 years ago but if you were you probably knew of Fred Choate.

From Slopey, via e-mail. He can't get into MH using the device he has available at the moment...

"...to send his company file to me at info@airhauler.net via yousendit. com.

Can't reset my password from this device on Mutleys with the key captcha thing."

The company file is the mdb file with the same name as your company. If you've changed the company name since creating it, the file will still have the original company name.

It would be best if you wrote up a text file describing the problem to include with the company file. You could probably paste in the pertinent parts of what you've posted here. Be sure to include your e-mail address. He can find the database problem, fix it and return the company mdb file to you.

John