ALABEO D17 Staggerwing FSX/P3D Released!

She is a beaut but I wouldn't want to hit my simulated head on those simulated supports in the cockpit. :D If it is the same quality as the Waco then it's a pretty good deal. :thum:  

I looked forward to this release for some time.

I have now flown it for a few hours, and here are some observations I have.        

The Prop pitch control is fouled up --- seems to work in reverse, when it works.

Are the landing lights supposed to retract and extend with the undercarriage.

The undercarriage and flaps seem to work intermittently.   The only way I can get them to start again is to go to another A/C,, activate those systems, then go back to the Stagger.   This is the only A/C in my hanger that has this snag.

Even with these snags, I still like this A/C.  :thum:

Cheers        CJ.

Hi CJ, I'm sure they will add a patch once they get enough feedback but you have to wonder who is beta testing these aircraft releases. :rolleyes:

We do have to remember that downloads get corrupted and stuff does mess up on individual setups sometimes. How does the company respond to your input so far?

Welcome to the Hangar CJ.

I will be picking this one up when I get home from vacation so I will be sure to check these things out.

Hopefully a service pack will be released before I get home!

Joe

I read they released a patch already, but not sure for what, maybe it covers those problems? This wasn't something I'd initially considered but I may well give it a run out as its getting a lot of positive reaction :)

K

I just got this and except for the odd angle that their products seem to have in VC view, I do like it so far. It tends to be a bit floaty feeling while flying but that could be the actual flight characteristics.

My problem is, like mentioned above, is I got the gear to come up after take off but they do not want to come down. I tried both a keystroke and manually activating the gear handle(hard to get the cursor on it where it is) and neither worked. Ended up having to re-load the aircraft while on the fly. I also do not see the flaps moving even though the switch works.

I read that Kevin said there was a patch but did not see it on the Updates page of their site. Anyone know where I can get it so I don't have to contact them.

Anybody having issues trying to start the aircraft in P3D? Fuel is on, Mixture is at Full, Magnetos set to Both. I engage the fuel pump and press the starter and the engine won't turn over. If I change to another aircraft and start the engineand then come back to the D17, the engine is running. Turn it off and it won't start back up. Love this plane, always been a personal favorite. Just frustrating.

Thanks

Well, the gear and flaps are now working after just one more glitch in the beginning of one flight. That's a good sign but still odd.

Someone tell me again why I like taildraggers so much I can't hardly see anything taxing this one. :D  (see my surprise when the tail came up, while taking off recently, in this months screen shot contest)  :scare: