Sorry Alan,

I am using a screen capture gadget because I don't fly in "Full Screen" mode which is the only mode, to the best of my knowledge, where the FSX camera function works. next time I'll switch out to FScreen and get you a good shot. There's an interesting one from tonight - I'll post it at the end of this note.

I assure you the photo was taken at 4000 feet because it was an IFR (yeah, I know, with a million mile vis) AH flight. I always fly IFR in AH because the PNW WX can be quite abrupt in its changes.

i-P4fTqrq-M.jpg

Look at the strange reflection in the water. At first, I thought I'd left the landing light on. Not so. As it is this is another 4000 foot flight over the Straight of Georgia (ATC likes ~4K for us little guys in the vicinity of CYVR). Heading was 265M and time around 2000. This stayed there all the way across the Strait. How do you like the pink panel lights in my C182?

I think it's supposed to be red lighting. Quite pleasant after the initial shock, turning them on for the first time.

We have done some extensive study on night lighting for the interior of the yacht. Red works OK, but low-level incandescent works the best. I believe the aviation industry has come to that conclusion. The 182 is a product of a different era.