MegaSceneryEarth - Illinois (2.0)

banner.jpg

Just published is Rob Scott's review of MegaSceneryEarth's - Illinois (2.0)

Rob explores this newly sourced photoscenery with imagery captured at between 50 cm and 2 meters per pixel, it is then displayed at 1 meter per pixel.

See what Rob makes of this scenery, read on

Nice review and read Rob. :thum:  I have been waiting for a review on these scenery's, so thanks :) , and still am not sure if they would be good for me. What do you think the very lowest acceptable altitude is for a decent view, without distortion, for us low fliers? Also, do you know if there is any form of treescapes type program available for this type of scenery? 

Nice review and fully agree with all you said. I have utilised objects for NA where available from Open VFR...couldn't resist. They give a little more immersion although a slight FPS drop is evident. 3000ft seems to be the best altitude for low & slow on my machine, giving a crisp image with frames between 40 & 55, depending on REX-E + O weather settings.

Have started to collect them all...chuffed to bits. Thank goodness for FO BB.

Thanks Rob, Is there really no mesh included at all? :O

You can get a 10m mesh for all USA for $39.95 at http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CONTX for example...might be useful if anyone's considering getting every state? ;)  Are there any payware or freeware autogen add-ons like we are accustomed to here in the uk that anyone knows of please?

Cheers

k

Nice review and read Rob. :thum:  I have been waiting for a review on these scenery's, so thanks :) , and still am not sure if they would be good for me. What do you think the very lowest acceptable altitude is for a decent view, without distortion, for us low fliers? Also, do you know if there is any form of treescapes type program available for this type of scenery? 

Hi there.... If you use the MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Graphics Tweaking Guide, you can get the 50cm/pixel imagery to appear 100% clear (that is as clear as it gets) from roughly 1250ft AGL. It is more a distance factor... i.e. if you are sitting on the ground, and you happen to have some hills or mountains more than 1250ft away laterally, these will also likely show in full resolution... But, you have to implement the recommended settings to achieve this... It is highly recommended as these changes really make the scenery shine (so to speak).

Currently there is no treescapes program for the MSE USA coverage areas. If we ever get into Europe or the UK with this stuff, then existing Treescapes scenery for the UK (for example) will likely work well with it.

Hi Kevin,

There is mesh, the default FSX mesh but there is no supplemental mesh, it doesn't really need it!

Cheers,

Joe 

The default mesh does the job. You can add your own mesh of course with no problem if you wish. But because the textures are photo-real everywhere you go, the effect they have is to make the default mesh look like much higher resolution mesh anyway, and without the performance hit of high-res mesh.