Majestic Q-400 Does Not Work in AirHauler

There is an issue with the Majestic Q400 in AH. AH doesn't see it because..." It's due to the way that Majestic have done the flight modelling - it doesn't use FS at all but instead uses JSBSim for the flight modelling."

There's a thread in the JF AH forum here...

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20763

Slopey is working on it and will try to work out a fix with the folks at Majestic. If you're planning to buy it for AH, at this time you will not be able to use it except for AI.

John

Thanks for the info John, I'm running Air Hauler in Prepar3d which, while approved for use, is not supported so I've had to be very careful what aircraft I try to import. This is why I stick with Just Flight in spite of a few issues I've had. They have demo models for a lot of their aircraft and, if it will work below 1,000 feet, then I figure I'm good to go and I buy it.

I was looking at that little gem and was considering it. I'll keep an eye on Duncan's thread over there. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...

First off appologies for thread necro... does anyone know if any further progress has been made in getting AH to recognize the Majestic Dash 8?  The last I read over on JF's AH forum was that some have had some success but most not.  I've had no success myself and have stopped using it even for AI as I've noted the AI gets stuck on the runways (kinda like when the AI Beaver pilots land on tarmac with their pontoons doh).  Anyway just checking as it's a nice model.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks John, I'm still hopeful for a breakthrough; just hoping most other 'latest' machines will still work in AH. I picked up Aerosofts Twin Otter Xtended so I can eventually modernize my fleet. My 'usual' build is Cub then Lockheed Electra 12 then DC-3. This time I'll probably go A2A Cub, Carenado Cessna 182Q, TwinOtter. I haven't ever reached the jet age LOL (largest prop liner I've used is DC 6)but that's ok as I can't land 'em worth spit. I figured the Maj Dash 8 turboprop would fit the speed/cargo bill nicely and spare me having to use the stock 737/A321 or the FLITE A320 I have (and have yet to land without exploding) for the longer routes in the Hawaiian Islands. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Majestic doesn't work in FSEconomy either.  Reading between the lines there are no plans to change that.  I was fairly choked off after spending my 50 bucks or so but I took it to therapy and am nearly over  it !  Certainly over buying any other products in the future as well !

Rick

If, as Slopey says, they are using an external simulator and FSUIPC is not able to get useful date from MSFS as it and AH require, then it will not work unless and until the publisher decides to dummy up some outputs.  It may well be that this thing will not work correctly with other add-ons that need data from FS via FSUIPC.

Vote with your wallet, and let them know how you voted.

John