banner.jpg

Our latest review, just published, is Rob Scott's review of UK2000 Scenery's Leeds-Bradford Xtreme Airport.

This is Rob's local so he knows a fair bit about the real world version, so how about UK2000's? Read on..

Excellent review Rob, we can always count on your observational skills at these detailed airports. :thum: I don't usually go in for these larger airports but the low price is giving me second thoughts. It also works well with FTX scenery which is a plus, something that ORBX could learn a lesson from. Thanks for the info. :)

Thanks for the review, Rob. I will check out that air bridge on my PC, although I do not recall any problems of that nature (and I am a UK2000 beta tester, so it is my job to detect stuff like that) :) I would also add that you need to start adding extra repaints to Ultimate Traffic 2. The Jet2 colour scheme is (as far as I can remember) not included with UT2, which is why you have so many Daedalus Airlines planes in your screenshots. For the record, I have a nice collection of Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays 737 and 757 repaints integrated into UT2, together with a recent set of flightplans....

As for the "2D" people, I have spoken to Gary about this, but he is reluctant to start adding 3D people because it would affect framerates.

I am very glad that FTX apparently are not going into major airports thus cutting Gary some slack to do what he does. I think he has landed on a good balance between detail and frame rates more power to his elbow!

I have just checked my install of UK2000 Leeds Bradford Xtreme, and I can't see any problem air bridges.

As for ORBx, I would have been extremely annoyed if they had decided to create FTX versions of the major airports. They have more than enough smaller airports and airfields to keep them occupied without stepping on Gary's toes.