Leg 1: Southampton EGHI to Alderney EGJA

Loved it Boss.  When I can get my head around the challenge rules and how to do it (Fly the baton) .  I may put my mocha down on the list..  :)

:pilotic:

James,

Not a phrase I am prone to using, but, trust me. :cool:  If Brian can do it, believe me, anyone can do it. :P  The fun factor is excellent.  :woot:

Cheers

Andrew

I remember being confused way back in the original ATWC (we didn't even know to put a "I" on it at that time) by the concept of "bidding".  You're not offering anything except to fly that leg.  In this case, "bidding" is just another way of saying you'd like to fly that leg of the tour.

John

You're more than welcome to join in the fun James, would be great to have you on board.

Just send an e-mail to atwc@mutleyshangar.com with your Forum Name, Real Name and Nationality and I'll sort you out with one of those nifty little banners, and you will get an e-mail reminder when it's time to start bidding for section 2.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to send them to me via PM, or start a new topic over in the ATWC 5 Pilot Lounge. We will be more than happy to straighten out any question marks in order to get you involved... and as Brian said it's dead easy. All you need to do is Bid, Fly & Post ;)

The best way to get an idea for it James into look over some of the old posts. You can either fly straight from a-b or fly everywhere in between and make an adventure out of it using different aircraft and airports. The only limiting factor is your imagination.

I think the best ATWC post was done back during ATWC2 by forum member 'reef'. It was a mammoth adventure with some stunning screenshots.

Ah no now I am thinking of joining - the only question I have is this...

When I bid and get accepted for a flight like in the main board; do I have to do it in between any set dates? I struggle to find time to get on these days and would only be able to manage a small flight.

I have an SSD coming soon so I do not want to commit just yet as I may be busy doing a re-install :) but maybe in the later stages I may have a blast in a short leg using my 172 or twotter ;)

Great post Joe - I thought you had the Alderney scenery from Earth Sims?

Thanks,

Jim

When you actually fly the leg is up to you Jim, there's no need to wait for the PIREP from the previous leg to be posted.

The only restriction is when to actually post your PIREP, and it's usually 36 - 96 hours after the PIREP for the previous leg.

When you actually fly the leg is up to you Jim, there's no need to wait for the PIREP from the previous leg to be posted.

The only restriction is when to actually post your PIREP, and it's usually 36 - 96 hours after the PIREP for the previous leg.

Good to know thanks

If I think I can get a flight in I will be in touch :)

Hi Jim,

As Micke says, it doesn't matter when you fly the leg, but I like to see the story or commentary from the previous pireps, so that I could probably carry on from where the last one left off.

Some of the stories that get posted make excellent reading.

Hope you join in. 

Brian :thum:

Oi you lot, hijack my post why don't you?! 

:Hijacked: I knew I had that smiley for a reason, now let's get back to talking about how wonderful I am!  :rofl:  :danceb:  :dancea:  :yahoo: 

Only kidding! It's great to see we are getting so much interest for this great event  :cloudnine:

Hijacking is so commonplace here, I'm surprised I, I mean we :whis: , haven't been arrested by the FBI yet. :D

Anyway, how about this PIREP, really, really, really, really, really, really, really great. :P

It will be great to have Jim join up and a big welcome to James for hoping on board. :thum:  Oops, did it again.... ^_^

Yeah, things sure look a lot better than they did back then..

But I would guess most flights in the early parts where made in FS9 considering FSX had only been out about 6 months when they started, and SP1 was still not released..

By the way, did I mention how great this PIREP was  :thum:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...