As far as the online flying part goes, in my experience the built in multiplayer system in FSX works just fine, and in many aspects are better than other server/client solutions out there, although you are limited to using FSX...

Don't know if FSInn allows mixed connections from FS9 and/or P3D..

The only limitation since the closing of the GameSpy connection is that you need to have a host running FSX with a more or less static IP for others to connect to since the only way of connecting is via the external IP of the hosting computer.

Jess wrote a good guide on hosting, as well as firewall settings and port forwarding for it about a year ago. 

Hi John,

I am more than happy for you to promote this through MH, we don't have such a thing on here, I had previously looked at phpVMS myself but the time factor became an issue.

Personally, I use FS Flight keeper and you can submit PIREPS to VA's with it as well. 

Good luck,

Joe

Thanks for the link Mikael, I will have a good read of what is there.

The fixed IP is not a problem as I have a service that already allows me to get around that and have had that working well for a year or two now.

everything is working and tested except the FSD server talking to the website. 

I still haven't managed to link the FSD server to the website.  There seems to nothing on the interwebs on how to do it.I know it is possible as I have seen it done on VAs! Grrrr

On the plus side i now have a working TeamSpeak server!