DIY Airport Plates

16 new and 7 updated airports posted...

EDIT – June 12, 2011:

NEW – 1K4, EBCV, EHBK, EICM, KBKV, KLEE, KORL, KPIE, LFAC, LFAV, LFOD, LFPT, LFQB, MYAF, MYBG, X26

UPDATED - 03D, 3J7, KLRF, KMXF, KNQX, LFAB, LFKJ

John

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo! 3 Irish airports! Thanks John!

Kieran,

If you'd like more Irish fields, let me have the ICAOs and I'll put them at the head of the list.

I try to make half the new ones in Europe, using an AirHauler company based at EGHI to generate candidates - sorted on distance from Southampton; the closest to Southampton that isn't already done is the next one I do. Most of the ones coming up recently are in France since I have the UK pretty much saturated.

I'm more than happy to fulfill requests.

John

EDIT – June 20, 2011:

NEW – EIBR, EICK, EIKN, EIME, EINN, EISG, KCGC, KEVB, KISM, KTIX, KTPA, LFBU, LFDN, MYEM, MYXG, X05

UPDATED - 0R0, 1M1, 1R8, EGNX, FA08, KAVO, KBNL, KDQH

That's 16 new and 8 updates. I'm trying to root out the older ones, bringing them up to my current standards in addition to adding new ones.

There seem to be two themes to this batch - Ireland (by request) and cheese, since we managed to get Brie and Roquefort, quite by chance.

I've also figured out how to find and add the irregular shaped buildings to the diagrams, most often the oddly shaped terminal buidings at larger airfields, but also sometimes just an L-shaped building. Since those are not "Generic" buidlings in FS, my image source does not pick them up automatically and I have to capture the building shape from a top-down view in FS, edit it and layer it into the basic diagram at the right location, orientation and size - it's easier than it sounds, after struggling through the first one.

The first three diagrams that include the non-generic building footprints are in this batch, Shannon (EINN) with a terminal, Space Coast Regional (KTIX) with an L-shaped structure and Tampa International (KTPA) with one of each. I don't know how I could have gotten this deep into this project without picking up Tampa, but it's there now.

I was happy to receive a list of Irish airports to work through from Kieran - if you want anything specific, speak up.

John

Thanks for those John and I have two more if that's ok.

EGCN Doncaster Sheffield

EGNB Brough

I'm on it. EGCN does not exist in FS9 but I can use FSX for a source. There's not much to Brough, but can do.

John

Thanks for those John and I have two more if that's ok.

EGCN Doncaster Sheffield

EGNB Brough

I'm on it. EGCN does not exist in FS9 but I can use FSX for a source. There's not much to Brough, but can do.

John

Thanks John. I did wonder about asking for Brough but thought what the hell it'll give you something to pass the time :wootmesalia:

Thanks again.

I'm going to do airport diagrams anyway - I prefer doing requests when I have them but use AirHauler to randomly select airports when there are no requests, which is most of the time.

John

• 2 weeks later...

NOTICE: With the launch of the Mutley's Hangar Download Centre, this thread has become superfluous as a source of airport plates for download. Henceforth, the Download Centre will be the preferred location for accessing, viewing and downloading the airport plates.

As a result, I'm locking this thread against any further posts - it will remain available for downloads, at least until such time as all the plates contained here are loaded and available at the Download Centre. At this writing about half have been ported over. Also, no newly produced plates will be added to those already in this thread - new ones will only go into the Download Centre.

Be sure to visit the Mutley's Hangar Download Centre from the menu bar in the MH Forums pages and check what's there. It will get better all the time.

As before, if you have requests for specific airports you'd like to see added you can PM me or e-mail me at...

allardjd@earthlink.net

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =