DIY Airport Plates

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original post has been re-formatted with thumbnails to cut down some of the clutter and make scrolling through a little less

tedious. Only one new image has been added - KMUL.

A huge thank you to Mutley for his help in figuring out how to use thumbnails in the forum. :wink:

John

• 3 weeks later...

Added these... See the second post on the first page for all the plates.

Download from there if you want one of them.

• 2M2 Lawrenceburg-Lawrence Co - Lawerenceburg, Tennessee - USA
  • 2M4 Montogomery - Forest, Mississippi - USA
  • 2MO Mt Vernon Mun - Mt Vernon, Missouri - USA
  • 2P7 Alderman - St Clairsville, Ohio - USA
  • 2R0 Waynesboro Mun - Waynesboro, Mississippi - USA
  • GCLA La Palma - La Palma, Canary Islands, Spain
  • GCLP Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
  • GMMN Mohamed V - Casablanca, Morocco
  • KAAF Apalachicola Mun - Apalachicola, Florida - USA
  • KACK Nantucket Meml - Nantucket, Massachusetts - USA
  • KDET Detroit City - Detroit, Michigan - USA
  • KDQH Douglas Mun - Douglas, Georgia - USA
  • KDTS Destin-Ft Walton Beach - Destin, Florida - USA
  • KDUC Halliburton - Duncan, Oklahoma - USA
  • KDVN Davenport Mun - Davenport, Iowa - USA
  • 3 months later...

It's been a while since I've updated this. I've just added 32 more diagrams, including some in Europe. As I do more of these my standards are changing a bit...with this batch, I've begun adding VOR and NDB information on the dirgram if there is one located on the field or directly associated with an ILS approach to the airport.

My AirHauler company (Beta testing is in progress) is located at Mutley Field (EGHI), so I expect to be making a lot more European charts. As always, if there are any particular oness you'd like to see here, either PM or e-mail me.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've just added a new batch. We're up to 180+ now.

If any of you would like one for a specific airport to be added please let me know. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone finds these useful.

John

Hi John,

I had not taken a look at these for a while, I had almost forgotten what a valuable resource these are!

They appear to be getting more detailed too.

:baton:

I just bang them out as I need them. I have begun adding info for naviads located on the field or on the approach path for an ILS at the airport. If there's an LOM or an NDB in the feather, I note that on the chart now too. A lot of airports seem to have the LOM, an NDB co-located with the outer marker.

I haven't got all that many European airports in there but will be happy to add them as requested. They're very easy to do and the file sizes are small, typically around 100K or less, which isn't bad for an image.

John

hi john, some lovely work here...really appreciate the effort that this must take.

any chance of a possible request or two?

I tend to fly smaller birds these days from local airports, so would love some plates for the following if possible:

Oxford Kidlington - EGTK

Gloucester Airport - EGBJ

Cardiff Airport - EGFF

Penzance - EGHK

Exeter - EGTE

Newquay - EGDG

there's no real rush, just whenever you're bored and have a free minute, i know there's a few there!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

George,

Glad you're finding them useful. If you have specific needs or suggestions let me know. The ones I end up doing are only those I need myself or simply guesswork about what people might find useful. I'll be happy to fulfill any requests. They are very quick and easy to do.

John

Hi John.

A plate of LFQI (AKA Cambrai AFB or Epinoy AFB, seen both. In FSX it's Cambrai) would be much appreciated.

Got my main AH base there, so i do alot of flying to and from there...

• 4 weeks later...
RAF Brize Norton - i just realised that this isn't there already!

I just put up 14 more and Brize Norton and Church Fenton are both in that group.

More?

John

Awesome stuff John, thanks muchly!! now i can practice properly my T&G's at Brize flying the C17/VC-10/Tri-Stars just like in real life!

• 1 month later...

16 New airport diagrams have been posted including Shoreham, Biggin Hill and Aldergrove (Belfast). I believe the total number posted is now 313. I've been trying to maintain a 50:50 ratio between US and European fields in the new posts. Let me know your favorites and I'll put them at the top of the list.

Thanks to some new tools (AFX, ADE9X) there are three new features that will appear on all new diagrams from now forward and on any old ones I revisit and update.

- A table of ILS runways listing whether each has Glide Slope, DME and Back Course functions

- Airport buildings

- Location of the MS Fueling Station

• 2 weeks later...