Leg 104: Zurich (LSZH) to Ruzyne (LKPR)

:thum:

I'm terribly sorry for the long delays and countless unplanned events that have happened around this flight, but I finally got some spare time on my hands and got an early flight to Zurich to meet up with Phil who, I believe, has had him and the baton booked into a city hotel in Zurich for nearly 3 weeks. Thanks Phil! :thum:

So with the baton in my pocket I set off to the terminal to sort out an aircraft. After waiting at Customer Services for three hours, I received a signed confirmation from Swiss's cheif executive allowing me to continue the Around the World Challenge to Prague in a Swiss Saab 200. :clap:

Our starting location:

1st-Map.png

9:50am. Il fait Mauvais. With the baton relaxing in First Class, I got to work in the cockpit and received the pushback clearance.

fsscr001.png

We're cleared for taxi to the active, but due to a terminal inspection, we have to take the long way round.

fsscr002.png

10:18am. still Il fait Mauvais. We're cleared for takeoff! :clap:

fsscr003.png

Rotating, Looking over a busy terminal.

fsscr004.png

We're in for a treat here! Turning towards our cruise heading.

fsscr005.png

13 000ft and we're finally out of that murk! The Alps in the distance (I think) :?:

fsscr006.png

Some snowy villages down below. Cruising at 23 000ft.

fsscr007.png

Starting to make our descent towards Prague and Ruzyne.

fsscr009.png

A gear-down approach.

fsscr010.png

For some reason an easyjet A319 is cleared for takeoff as I'm cleared to land! I'd better be quick off the runway!

fsscr011.png

11:55am. Il fait beau! Down safely - Welcome to Ruzyne. Compliments to reef for providing the grass.

fsscr012.png

Our destination:

2nd-Map.png

Unfortunately, this is my last flight onboard the ATWC. :sad: I hope you have enjoyed this flight (and my other two flights) and I wish the following 13 flights (now only 8) the best of luck! We must keep that baton safe!

I appreciate all your patience!

Best Regards,

George : Tap

Way to go, George - Ace posting, mate! And well worth the wait - thanks for that. I'm sure I'm going to have to look at this post again and again - the atmosphere and aesthetics are really excellent - thanks for sharing. :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :clap:

Brilliant post George :clap:

Some great editing, there's one angle in there I had not seen before that had me almost standing on my head to view :thum:

Well worth the wait and thanks for taking time out to catch up with us.

Unfortunately, this is my last flight onboard the ATWC. :thum: I hope you have enjoyed this flight (and my other two flights) and I wish the following 13 flights (now only 8) the best of luck! We must keep that baton safe!

As I have mentioned previously we are hoping to get another challenge off the ground, still no idea yet but the Mods have been coming up with some great ideas. If anyone wants to make any suggestions then please PM or mail me.

Cheers