Leg 55 - Prince Said Ibrahim Intl, FMCH - Pemba Karume, HTPE

My first leg for quite a while, hope I've still got the nack!

The flight was a fairly simple one. Depart and fly north. If the colour out of the right side windows is anything other than blue, we've gone wrong somewhere

1Route.jpg

This flight had asked for me to take something big, so big in fact it doesn't fit in the frame

2DawnBreaking.jpg

After the pre flight checks I pushed back and taxied out to the active, it looks like it's going to be a nice day. The only thing nagging away in the back of my mind is the 5,000ft runway at the other end of the trip. Getting up isn't a problem, nor is getting down. Stopping might be though. Hopefully the lightly loaded 772 will be OK

3NiceDay.jpg

After some 'squeeky bum' time trying to turn this baby around at the end of the runway in the small turn-around area it was time to go

4ReadyToGo.jpg

65% N1 and I was airborne in no time at all, the local spotters on the fence caught this one. 100% N1 would have probably alerted NASA

5OverTheFence.jpg

It didn't take long to climb out to 35,000 feet for this short 450nm hop. The weather all around was calm, and it was blue-ish on the right hand side, so all is good.

6Cruising.jpg

These engines are so powerful. I can only imagine what it feels like to be in charge of them

7MegaPower.jpg

Even with Ultimate Traffic set to 100% AI, the skies were sadly empty. The only other aircraft I saw were on the ramp at both airports

8EmptySkies.jpg

Still, at least it gave me time to sit back, relax and 'enjoy' England -V- Ecuador

9SitBackampRelax.jpg

The weather all along the route was very calm with no winds to speak of. Makes it a very smooth flight for the passengers, and I don't have to worry about me tea sloshing about

10CalmWeather.jpg

ATC started guiding us in from 125nm out, which meant a nice slow rate of descent to keep the speed down. Here we are at 5,000 feet

11CommencingApproach.jpg

ATC cleared us for the final approach and handed us off to the tower 25nm out, which gave me plenty of time to line her up

12RunwayInSight.jpg

500 to go and this runway is beginning to look a little on the short side. Autobrakes set to max, spoilers armed, fingers over the reversers and backside clenched. We're good to go. Not entirely sure why all those warnings are being displayed as everything seems OK

13WeMightNeedaBiggerRunway.jpg

The landing might have been a little bit harder than normal, but I'm not wanting to get any awards for style here; I just want to avoid an accident and getting the ATWC onto the front pages for the wrong reasons

14MaxBrakesampReversers.jpg

After another tight turn at the end of the runway and a short taxi to the terminal/shed the passengers have disembarked and this section of 'IVY' comes to a close. I wonder what Micke has lined up for us next....

15AndOnToTheNextSection.jpg

Good work Rob! A Shame that England didn't put in such a good performance!

Still loving the livery, thanks for getting this section done and dusted...

Cheers...Joe

Oy Rob. You need to disregard those bums, even if they are squeaky, and focus.. IVY was finished over a year ago.. this is version 5! :D

Thanks for a great flight to finish of the section. Some great shots in there, and as Joe said that livery looks great. What version of the 777 is that? Since it looks like it's got a 2D panel in one of the shots I assume it's not the PMDG-version...

Cheers

Micke

Yep...ya still got the knack. :hat: Great shots throughout and a great PIREP Rob. I agree that runway did look small from such a large platform. :D

One could imagine the faces of the folks at the airport in Karume when ya parked up. :yikes: