long awaited P3D support is officially restored for Night Environment with P3D v2.3

i haven’t tested in person; but from what I’ve gathered so far talking with LM engineers

they made it work even better under P3D than FSX; and will continue to enhance Night Environment under P3Dw with future releases

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82743-night-environment-soon-compatible-with-predar3d/

Thank you Joe; indeed very good news

from following these guys lately; and going through the process of tracing the issue with NE and P3D

they put together a very smart group of people; i felt the synergy throughout the process

i have a very good feeling about P3D's future; its winds of change

you’re gonna want to keep an eye for the new double installer version we will release soon

although the current fsx library and models will work directly in P3D v2.3 (exclude DX11/HDR features)

the library and textures for latest P3D is different than ones FSX uses

and includes DX9/10/11/HDR native support, FSX libraries Support natively DX9/10 only

the new versions we will release will also include my latest v3 High Performance model library and textures (recently out the oven!!!)

• 1 month later...

here's a little sneak preview of some testing done for us curtsey of Rob Ainscough

(this isn’t a comparison between NE and ORBX, ORBX was pre-installed on the testing box and had to remain as is)

this is NE out the box; and placed at the top with no changes made

software lineup

scenerysetup.jpg

NE v1.1 under P3D v2.3 beta 2

test flight was at SF/BayArea (which is notorious for really low frame rates regardless of add-on)