I turn my computer on, the power button doesn't let me turn it off,

You do know that you have to hold the power button down for several seconds to get a hard shutdown, right?

John

If you have multiple graphic outputs try another one, another type.  You may have to use another monitor or some kind of adaptor cable.   Try to eliminate anything you can, if possible, e.g. graphics cable.  

It's beginning to sound like a graphics card problem to me.

John

The lead of a bunch of technicians who used to work for me were fond of saying, "We've narrowed it down to two things - it's either the fuse, or something else.

John

• Like 1

If you can borrow another gpu from a friend, try that on your motherboard.

It smacks to me as either gpu or mobo.

It's just a process of ellimination.

Ive tried Gpu, and motherboard outputs. The cables work on other devices perfectly

Are you saying that you have tried a graphics card and video out from a motherboard?

If this is what you did, did you take the card out before you tried the motherboard graphics? - some Motherboards will detect the presence of a graphics card and disable the on board graphics, so it is important to take the card out before you test the on board graphics. .

The lead of a bunch of technicians who used to work for me were fond of saying, "We've narrowed it down to two things - it's either the fuse, or something else.

John

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...