Good 2000+ Cargo Capacity planes for under €3 million?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a couple ways to alter the .cfg file:   Until you are comfortable altering the .cfg, I'd advise always making a backup of the original before modifying an copy...I rename the original file

My goal in AH is to stay reasonably small, have a few AI pilots to pay for the bills and fly myself as often as possible. I think my two active companies have reached their desired size, and rather th

About 3 weeks ahead of you already have it!

HA! :D

I guess the Business Financial meeting went well?

Vice President and CFO DublinPilatus has actualy Leased an aircraft. :D :D :D

The only limit now to the growth of your company is your level of Humanity while scheduling AI flights. :P

Have fun with the new bird! I don't have one of those! Screenshots when you get a chance please!

Yes I finally convinced the oul fella to get on board with the idea of leasing ;) I won't be flying it until next week (I'm off to Lanzarote for a week on Tuesday) so I'll take the time to read up on the 170. I can't wait to get flying in it, it should be good! :D

I'll try post some screenshots later :) The Vice President is in his element flying his Cessna Caravan haha :D

• Like 1

Hehe ! You guys are soon going to rule the world !  :D   My celtic company started in Nov 2013 still operates 1 Cessna Caravan ( recently sold the second one which I used to start the company ) and 3 Islanders ... But thats the way I wanted it, small company, small problems ! :D

Gratz on the expansion Matt.

Sorry bout the rep loss for closing your bases...god I hate that....up to 2 points per base.

I often keep old bases open and post a small bird there to avoid that rep loss and justify it as "servicing legacy small customers".

But really, I do it to retain the option to fly small loads in the old familiar neighborhood because flying those heavies around to often bores me to tears...but I sure do like the Income...hehe.

I've left 1 or 2 small bases open for the next while (until I can be sure as hell that mr vice presidente can fly the DC-3) :D but the cash flow with the 3 jets is phenomenal! €3 million taken in since last night with another €1 million by morning! That will improve when I go back for my last year of school because I'll have < 2 hours per day for free time which will mean the 737 will be out quite a lot more (I have my Leaving Certificate exams next May). Hoping by then that we will be a massive intercontinental company ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Woot. Congrats on the expansion.

Well...looks like the accounting consultation re: Leasing in Air hauler, clearly it has lit the burner under your company.

You did read the contract right?

You may remit 15% of Income, before expenses, to Eureka We Haul It, KFOT Atten: Pat Moran, CFOCB (Chief Financial Officer and Carpet Bagger).

Cheers.

:hat:

Dalton School of Aviation has opened! Our new strategy is to hire fATPL pilots and have them progress on small aircraft flying jobless runs in planes like the Baron 58 in order for their reps to go up. They'll progress up to the next airplane type based on each milestone rank that they reach :D May seem like a bad idea but sure I'll keep at it anyways :)

The air creation trike ultralight is a good way to separate the fliers from the crashers at very minimal ri$k..

.if they aren't hauling cargos...cubs work well too.

I did similar a while ago. I would hire Any pilot on the resume list with a report over 90% and assign them about 48 hours worth of " position aircraft to airport"...and fire anyone who busted their Trike/Club/172 below 90%.

If they made the training cut...they move into the first tier of cargo hauler for that company or wait for an opening...and if they break that below 90 % in one day a trainee will be ready for that seat. Once they get into the bigger birds Stuff still happens...so it takes a 75% or lower day to put them on suspension or bust them down to a smaller bird...rarely happens.

Whichever way you work the details you hit the nail on the head by moving them up slowly up through your fleet.

Some AI's have a built in hidden attributes that relate to Timely-ness, Accident proneness, and I believe there may be a "random tendency to say fark it...I'm taking the day off"...seriously, I have come back the next day to find AI's just sitting around looking at 3 unfinished jobs. Best to I.D. those AI early on in less expensive cargos like you are doing.

But, don't limit yourself to "training" low rank pilots...put EVERY pilot through your training program for a while at least to ferret out any of those hidden attributes in those High Rep/High Rank pilots on the job board.

Definitely don't assume that since he/she is a Training Captain that they won't break your airplanes or leave cargo sitting on the ramp...even Pilots lie on their Resumes. :D

Good luck on your pilot school.

I think it's a great idea...and would go so far as to suggest that every cargo company should have a training pilot program and a flight school to train and hire local people to your company...esp. up in remoter areas like Alaska. Hire Local, Hire Loyal, Hire Hardy.

Cheers.

Cheers matt! I was given My Traffic 5.2 by a friend earlier so I'm in the midst of setting that up (which is turning out to be a right pain in the you know whats) :( Whenever I get any free time this week I'll probably look into organising the whole flight school thing a little more :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing much has happened in the past while on AH as I've been extremely busy lately. Just assigning out pilots every 2 days to keep the money flowing! :) I was in Leeds for the past 3 days and got to get inside a Ryanair cockpit! I have a video of the landing from my seat over the wing which I'll upload to youtube later and link it to this post! Now time to beat the rainy Dublin blues and go haul some freight! :D

• 1 month later...

Well its been nearly 2 months since I've been on here. Quite a lot has happened to be fair!

We've leased another 2 737-800's. I picked up Aersoft's Airbus A320/21 X and leased 2 A321's from that. Leased another 170 and leased 2 E190's. :)

As for bases, well we've went bizerk with them. We opened up in Fly Tampa's Dubai. That was followed by Charlotte (KCLT), Rapid City (KRCA), San Francisco (although I've set that as in-active for the time being), Laconia (KCLI), Fly Tampa's St Maarten, Moose Jaw (CYMJ), my beloved Dublin with Aerosoft's Dublin Scenery (at last :rofl:), HEGN in Egypt and 2 bases in the Canary's (GCRR and GCLP).

What a difference 2 months can make! :D  I've been extremely busy with work and exams hence why I havent been posting as much. I was in EGNM for a few days and managed to get inside the cockpit of a Ryanair 737, got talking to the captain for over a half an hour on the stand in Dublin. She's a beauty of a cockpit when you see her in person I can tell you's that!

Enough of my chit-chat. Hows things with yourselves? ^_^