Leg 64 - DTMB Habib Bourguiba International to LICJ Falcone-Borsellino Airport

After arriving in Monastir my self and Sharon had been enjoying everything Tunisia had to offer. In fact we had been enjoying ourselfs so much that when it was time to depart for Palermo we realized that we didn't have a plane waiting for us...

At this point Sharon threw her arms in to the air, said something profrane and promptly headed over to the main terminal to book a flight for Bali!

I guess I would have to do this on my own then. Just need to find a plane.

I recalled overhearing what sounded like a canadian guy at the bar a couple of nights before that sounded like he was a pilot. A return trip to the same bar turned out to be my lucky break. The canadian was there, and he had a plane to lend me as long as I returned it to him once I was done with it. 

With all evil powers far away and off the scent this time I did things by the book and filed a IFR flight plan to our destination with a cruise at FL150.

Getting back to the airport early next morning I find this sleek looking thing waiting for me..

01-Ready-for-startup.jpg

Easy to start up, and not to busy on the ground, so we could start our taxi within 15 minutes of our arrival at the airport.
02-Taxi-to-the-active.jpg

Holding short at runway at runway 25 waiting for incoming traffic.
03-Holding-short.jpg

Asked for a backtrack to the end of the runway, and got it approved. Not that it was nessecary though... this little speed devil took off in no time!!!
04-Airborn-in-no-time.jpg

Following the SID we did a 180 turn to the right after departure and then joined the outbound radial of the TUN VOR for our first waypoint SORAB

05-Turned-around-climbing-out.jpg

Still climbing on our way out over the mediterrainian.

06-Still-climbing.jpg

Top of Climb was reached just prior to our left turn at SORAB. Got joined by a few clouds too, but nothing to bad.
07-ToC.jpg

Crossing my path from the previous leg, passing west of the island of Pantelleria
08-That-island-again.jpg

Recieved a couple of vectors from ATC as we were halfway to our next waypoint. Had to do a full, slow, 360 to avoid traffic.
09-Diverted-due-to-traffic.jpg

Top of Decsent, with Scicily in full view ahead.
10-ToD.jpg

Got a tad scared at this point considering ATC had cleared me down to 1.800 feet, and there's a few rather high mountains around here....
11-Some-cloud-as-we-go-down.jpg

But the clouds disappeared as we descended, and I soon found my self turning to finals for runway 07.. a tad low, but still manageble.
12-Turning-to-final.jpg
Almost down, with a spectacular view out the right hand window.. 

13-Ease-it-down.jpg

Taxiing to parking.

14-Taxiing-in.jpg
Cold and dark, and parked up. I do wonder what that Canadian guy had in all those suitcases I found in the back...  He was saying something about "I'm a lumberjack" while winking at me so I'm not sure I want to find out.. Best leave them there and return them once Dai collects the Baton. 
15-All-done.jpg

Dai, look for me at the closest Wineyard, I'll have the baton with me.

Micke, I'll be arriving at LICJ sometime later today - will look for you in the nearest bordello!

Nice shots - very bright paintwork, too! Love the speelling... :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

You should check the baggage before the sniffer dogs do,  It could be a long period in the chokie if you aren't careful! :scare:

Flash looking aircraft with matching luggage - there's money there, question is, is it dodgy? :(

Great PIREP Micke, and don't worry, I will organize a rota here to visit you in jail. :D