Leg 113 - Dublin (EIDW) - Leeds/Bradford (EGNM)

Hello all!

Well, here we all are again, sitting in our virtual cockpits, waiting to see what challange Mutley will give us next. Well, thats what I'm doing now as this is my last ATWC leg :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky: And sorry about the size of the pictures!

Anyway, here we are at Dublin International Airport. It's a big airport, and serves many destinations around the world.

After a guided tour around the complex (cheers Aer Lingus!) I recived a phone call :

Me : Hello?

Russian bloke : Hello, is that Kieran from Mutleys Around the World Challange?

Me : Yes, it is

Russian : Can you do me a favour. Our crew have run out of hours and we need a replacement crew very soon! Otherwise, this Russian goverment will kill us! Not really, but you know what I mean!

Me : Yep, I also need to fly to Leeds/Bradford with the Baton

Russian : The Baton????? I would be delighted to have it on my aircarft......

And so the phone call contiued. I would tell you the rest of it, but it would take ages to type and you will all become bored. He told me to go to Gate 81. Time to get in and drive there. But what I was expecting wasn't this.......

WHOA!

16.jpg

This is a brilliant bird! So, in the cockpit, the crew of 6 (two pilots, two flight engineers, one nav and one translator) and all the other crew on board, time to waken the Ruslan. With Rammstein playing in the background and the roar of the engines coming, this is going to be a good flight!

15.jpg

But first, take a look at these start - up screenies

17.jpg

18.jpg

Our power is from 4 ZMKB Progress/Ivchenko D-18Ts, providing 51590 lbs (23400kg) of thrust each! So that an amazing 206360 lbs (93600kg) in total!

19.jpg

Taxi

20.jpg

21.jpg

Ready to go

22.jpg

In climb - lifting this giant into the sky is hard so no T/O shots

23.jpg

Anyone have a 240300lb (109 tonne) locomotive to transport? Call these guys - they've done it with a Class 201 loco for Ireland from Canada to Dublin!

24.jpg

Getting higher now

26.jpg

The bulk of her!

27.jpg

And if you all thought the C-5 Galaxy was something with wheels - check this out!

28.jpg

Field in sight

29.jpg

Genty...

30.jpg

Touch down!

31.jpg

At the end of the runway - taxiing

32.jpg

Sorry about ProTaxi!

33.jpg

34.jpg

Time to unload

35.jpg

And as we leave the aircraft, tears weep down me face to say good-by to the Baton for the last time :sadblinky:

So, here we are, at Leeds

Facts about the AN-124 :

The C-5 Galaxy is 4 times more expensive than the Ruslan and only carries half the load!

Flown for the longest - 12521 miles non-stop, no in flight refueling

Flown a 377438lbs of cargo to 35269ft!

And, the AN-124 costs only $40 million US dollars.

So I leave you all to complete the Challange!

Kieran

BRAVO!! :mrhappy:

Great post Kieran, it's surprising, mentioning the challenge and the baton definitely opens doors!

I love that AN-124 she is huge! I bet the local spotters went crazy :mrhappy:

Thanks for bringing the baton back to England.

Cheers